(This page does not work yet, I hope it will be different in the future and will be used to calculate the dosage of ginseng due to the effects described.)
It is slowly becoming the standard that quantitative data are being reported on the effects of various forms of ginseng and individual panaxosides. This gives the opportunity to calculate the appropriate dosing.
The problem of variability and mutual interactions of panaxosides
The situation is plagued by the fact that many physiological parameters have different panaxosides in a contradictory way , so the summary gingular effect can not be easily estimated. Different forms of ginseng (fresh, white , red ...) again have considerable differences in the amounts and proportions of the substances. Another source of variability is absorption, which modulates efficacy according to the current state of the gastrointestinal tract of the patient and partly modulates it by cleaving the sugar residues according to the activity of the bacteria living therein and the used panaxosides. MUDr. Asian physicians are aware of this, and therefore ask for the treatment of somewhat purified panaxosides or their prescribed mixtures, which are sometimes given by injection (for example, in infarcts). In addition to the rate of absorption, excretion and transduction across the cell membrane, CNS effects also include the rate of transfer across the blood-brain barrier.
I ignore the current phase of pharmacodynamic question and try to calculate for some effects the required single dose, assuming an immediate even distribution of the active substances in the soft tissues of the whole body.
Content of ginsenoside in red ginseng
(Analysis of red ginseng ( gineng radix rubra ) provided by the TCM faculty in Taipei.)
|Panaxoside||Mg / g||Mg / g|
A single dose corresponding to a concentration of 10 μg / ml
Assuming that the human body contains 40 liters of water and provided the panaxosides are distributed evenly (due to their amphiphilic nature, the situation is close to reality), a single dose of red ginseng will correspond to the concentration of one ginsenoside of 1 μg / ml as follows:
|Panaxoside||Dose (g)||Dose (g)|
Interpretation with respect to individual effects
- Effect pxsd. Rb 1 for the normalization of immune vascular parameters occurred at a dose of 10 μg / ml corresponding to 268 g of red ginseng ( he2007peg )
- Effect pxsd. Rb 1 against aggressiveness occurred at 2.5 mg / kg, corresponding to a dose of more than 53.6 g of red ginseng ( yoshimura1988ace )
- The effect of P. notoginseng panaxoside extract on endothelial proliferation and vascular regeneration occurred at a dose of 0.1 μg / ml ( hong2009aes ), which would probably correspond to less than 0.3-1g of P. notoginseng (estimated).
- ( Kwon2003ekr ) [ other ] Increased liver regeneration rate by 20% (experimental resection in a dog) at a dose of 250mg / kg ginseng radix rubra for 9 days (-1 to 7 due to surgery). At 80kg, this would be equivalent to 20g ginseng radix rubra per day.
- ( Morisaki1995mae ) [ cardiovascular ] 100% increase in "capillary" growth rate was achieved with ginseng radix rubra 10μg / ml saponin, ie 60l soft tissues, 600mg ginseng radix rubra . An increase in growth rate of 300% was achieved at 100μg / ml, thus under the same assumptions as 6g ginseng radix rubra .
Further to processing
Rg 1 ( against hypertension : extends blood vessels kang1995gpg ) (promotes vascular growth of sengupta2004may ) (protects neurons liao2002neg ) (calm microenvironment wu2007deg ) (anti-stress kim2003iii ) (immunomodulation in favor of type 2 yu2005pgd )
Rg 2 (protects the memory by antiapoptotic action ( zhang2008pgg ), protects the brain against glutamate neurotoxicity ( li2007peg )) (microglia calming wu2007deg ) (possible immunomodulation in favor of type 1 cho2002gfp )
Rb 1 (normalizes he2007peg immunity), (sedating effect of yoshimura1988ace ) (possible immunomodulation for type 2 cho2002gfp ) (expands blood vessels and protects them from arteriosclerosis he2007peg ) (suppresses leung2007gri vascular growth )
Rc (normalizes stress (increases / decreases as needed) kim2003egs )