(This page does not work yet, I hope it will be different in the future and will be used to calculate the required dosage of ginseng for the effects described.)
It is slowly becoming the standard that quantitative data are being reported on the effects of various forms of ginseng and individual panaxosides. This gives the opportunity to calculate the appropriate dosing.
The problem of panaxoside variability and interactions
The situation is plagued by the fact that many physiological parameters have different panaxosides in a contradictory way , so the summary gingular effect can not be easily estimated. Different forms of ginseng (fresh, white , red ...) are again significant differences in the quantities and proportions of the content substances. Another source of variability is absorption, which modulates the efficacy of the patient's gut tract and the activity of the bacteria living there and the modified panaxosides partially modified by the cleavage of the sugar residues. MUDr. physicians in Asia are aware of this, and therefore require treatment for some of the purified panaxosides, or their prescribed mixtures, which are sometimes given by injection (such as infarctions). In addition to the rate of absorption, excretion and transduction across the cell membrane, the CNS effects also include the rate of transfer across the blood-brain barrier.
At the current stage of the pharmacodynamic question I ignore and try to calculate for some effects the required single dose, assuming an immediate even distribution of the active substances in the soft tissues of the whole organism.
Content of ginsenoside in red ginseng
(Analysis of red ginseng ( gineng radix rubra ) provided by the faculty of TCM in Taipei.)
|panaxosid||mg / g||mg / g|
A single dose corresponding to a concentration of 10 μg / ml
Assuming that the human body contains 40 liters of water and provided the panaxosides are distributed evenly (due to their amphiphilic nature, the situation is close to reality), a single dose of red ginseng will correspond to the concentration of ginsenoside 1 μg / ml as follows:
|panaxosid||dose (g)||dose (g)|
Interpretation with respect to individual effects
- effect pxsd. Rb 1 for the normalization of immune vascular parameters occurred at a dose of 10 μg / ml, corresponding to 268 g of red ginseng ( he2007peg )
- effect pxsd. Rb 1 against aggression occurred at 2.5 mg / kg, corresponding to a dose of more than 53.6 g of red ginseng ( yoshimura1988ace )
- the effect of P. notoginseng panaxoside extract on endothelial proliferation and vascular regeneration was already at a dose of 0.1 μg / ml ( hong2009aes ), which would probably correspond to less than 0.3-1 g of P. notoginseng (estimated).
- ( kwon2003ekr ) [ other ] Increase in liver regeneration rate by 20% (experimental resection in the dog) at a dose of 250mg / kg ginseng radix rubra for 9 days (-1 to 7 due to surgery). At 80kg, it would be 20g ginseng radix rubra a day.
- ( morisaki1995mae ) [ cardiovascular ] 100% increase in "capillary" growth rate was achieved with ginseng radix rubra 10μg / ml saponin, ie 60L soft tissues, 600mg ginseng radix rubra . An increase in growth rate of 300% was achieved by 100μg / ml, ie under the same assumptions as 6g ginseng radix rubra .
Further to processing
Rg 1 ( against hypertension : extends blood vessels kang1995gpg ) (promotes blood vessel growth sengupta2004may ) (protects neurons liao2002neg ) (microglia relaxation wu2007deg ) (anti-stress kim2003iii ) (immunomodulation in favor of type 2 yu2005pgd )
Rg 2 (protects the memory by antiapoptotic action ( zhang2008pgg ), protects the brain against glutamate neurotoxicity ( li2007peg )) (microglia calming wu2007deg ) (possible immunomodulation for type 1 cho2002gfp )
Rb 1 (normalizes the he2007peg immunity), (sedating the effect of yoshimura1988ace ) (possibly immunomodulation in favor of type 2 cho2002gfp ) (extends the vessels and protects them from arteriosclerosis he2007peg ) (suppresses leung2007gri vascular growth )
Rc (normalizes stress (increases / decreases as needed) kim2003egs )