We feel the pain of the joints naturally after the stress. This pain is well known to athletes and generally physically hard working people. Chronic joint pain is present in more serious injuries and subsequent healing of the joint. Serious sufferings also suffer from many seniors .
Healthy joints are constantly regenerating
People suffering from chronic joint pain often say they have worn joints. This is true only in part. In the course of life, joints are constantly wearing and repairing. The painful joint often hurts for several days, but then it regenerates itself in healthy individuals (and seniors). The problem arises only when this natural regenerative capacity decreases or completely disappears.
Arthritis and chronic joint pain
Chronic joint pain is usually caused by inflammation . Inflammation is an immune process and pain is its attribute. Joint inflammation refers to arthritis or osteoarthritis (if inflammation affects bone tissue). The primary mechanism of arthritis is the damage to the joint lining, which leads to inflammation. Inflammation is accompanied by hyperalgesia (increased pain) and allodynia (perceiving painless sensations as painful). In the inflamed joint, the pain is then accompanied by a movement or touch near the joint. Joint pain is normally a meaningful phenomenon - it tells us how long we have a damaged joint to relax and allow it to regenerate. However, there is an ineffective chronic arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis) which not only does not regenerate the joint but even destroys the joint long-term.
Rheumatoid arthritis (rheumatism) is a complicated autoimmune disease. The point is that the white blood cells of the patient get mad for some reason and start to see the problem where it is not - in a healthy articular cartilage. The causes of this process are unclear, but in the joint an inflammation is created in which white blood cells try to destroy a non-existent enemy while dismantling the cartilage binders and the adjoining bone bones inside which, in their view, they are concealed by microbes or cancer. All autoimmune diseases are unpleasant, but rheumatoid arthritis is very specific in that it can affect other cartilaginous body tissues, specifically heart and arterial valves. Rheumatoid arthritis is not just a disease of seniors, it can also occur at a relatively young age. Physicians are often clueless or treated with global immunosuppressive drugs, such as corticosteroids, which lead to reduced immunity, infections, and a vicious circle of getting other and other Paracelsus drugs into the patient's daily diet.
Classical adaptogens against joint pain and arthritis
The causal effect of adaptogens against inflammation and pain is important in arthritis where we are interested not only in the removal of pain, but also in the regeneration of the diseased joint or the removal of the autoimmune disorder if it causes the arthritis. In addition to the classical adaptogens suitable for joint pain, I would like to mention other effective plants.
There are dozens of works confirming the effect of ginseng of genuine and other ginseng ( American ginseng , notoginseng ) against arthritis and thus joint pain. It is based mainly on the mild action of panaxosides against acute pain and their strong action against chronic inflammation and pain. It is gisenoside Rb 1 , Rb 2 , Rg 1 and others. Their representative overview is here:
- The extract of ginseng saponins (mainly gssd, Rg 3 , Rk 1 and Rg 5 ) was active in the mouse model against arthritis ( Kim2010rgs ). A similar result was achieved by the Endale2014krg study.
- Jhun2014rge illustrates the molecular mechanisms by which ginseng treats autoimmune arthritis.
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 was involved in TNF-α blocking of the mouse model against arthritis. ( Kim2007aeg )
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 on the arthritis model protected the joints by inhibiting the differentiation and maturation of osteoclasts. ( Gu2014smp )
- Gssd. Ro has opposed experimental inflammation and arthritis in the rat. ( Matsuda1990aag )
- In in vitro models of arthritis, the protective effect on chondrocytes was found in gssd. Rg 3 ( So2013peg ) and K ( Choi2 O3e ).
- Compound K also showed a protective effect in arthritis in the rat model. ( Chen2014gmc )
- According to a clinical study, Zhang2007cse performed on 84 patients with rheumatoid arthritis notoginseng after 4 weeks improved the condition of patients.
- The notoginsengu extract has been effective against rheumatoid arthritis in the mouse model. ( Chang2007aeb )
Eleutherococcus spiny , incorrectly Siberian ginseng , is an example of an adaptogen without a unique chemical ( Davydov 2000s ) but acting as a mixture of phytochemicals. Its effect on the mouse model of arthritis is described by Takahashi2014pte . The anti-inflammatory effect of one of its components has been described in the context of arthritis in the Yamazaki2007spc study.
Vitaminia snodarna (asvaganda, incorrect Indian ginseng ) had an effect against inflammation and arthritis both in the rat model ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and in human patients ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ). The mechanism of its effect is explained eg by Ichikawa2006wpa .
Other medicinal plants against arthritis and joint pain
Scientific reports indicate the potential effect against arthritis in many other plants. From the systematic reviews I studied, I would particularly mention Soeken2003hmt , Long2001hmt and Setty2005hmc . I studied relatively a lot of effective plants. On the list you will find adaptogens and medicinal plants, which have a common denominator effect on arthritis / joint pain:
- Salidroside, which is the major pink rosary active agent, has shown protective effects on the rat model against rheumatic arthritis. ( Zhu2016saa )
- Saussurea is one of the classic miraculous plants of TČM and acts against inflammation and pain. Rheumatoid arthritis is its traditional indication ( Chik2015sir , Long2001hmt ).
- Genuine ginger has extensive anti-inflammatory effects and also works against arthritis ( Grzanna2005ghm ). Its efficacy against knee pain was clinically proven ( Tapsell2006hbh ).
- Squid-related turmeric is also effective against chronic inflammation ( Bright2007cad ).
- The Chinese gang belongs to the traditional means of anti-arthritis. His effect on arthritis is reviewed by Magdalou2015aso .
- Chinese peony is a TCM plant with a traditional indication of joint pain ( Zhang2012mit ).
Natural drugs with a potential effect on joint pain are so many that I can not get them all. Opium polyphenols (tyrosol, oleuropein), citrus (naringin, hesperidin), vines (resveratrol, procyanidin) and teaspoon ( Kawaguchi2011eap ) also help with inflammation and autoimmunity. Naringin is also mentioned by Ahmad2014aaa against rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases. Effects against inflammation and pain include lotus embryo, cannabis, capsaicin, fish and crawfish fats, garlic, cress ( Lepidium sativum , Raval2013aec ), Ayurvedic samundut ( Symplocos racemosa , Acharya2016cas ) and cedar ( Boswellia , Hamidpour2013frx ) Cock2015gap ) and certainly other plants that have escaped my attention.
Of the non- adapted plants , the poisonous Tripterygium wilfordii ( Lipsky1997pnt , Ramgolam2000tcm , Bao2011cht ), a poisonous spider ( Cissampelos , Semwal2014fap ) are mentioned a lot . Also, Symphytum officinale contains alkaloids for which I would hesitate to include it among adaptogens ( Stickel2000esc ), although it is a traditional anti-muscular and joint painkiller ( Staiger2012cco ). Pharmaceutical cosmetology products say alkaloids do not contain and are safe ( Staiger2013crf ). For joints pain, the effect of exercise and healthy lifestyle ( Cramp2013nif ) should also be forgotten.