Intoxication, hangover, alcoholism
Alcohol intoxication and others have two aspects: chemical burden organism (especially brain and liver, often also impairment) and addiction, as regards the addictive substance. To protect against intoxication apply neuroprotective effects of adaptogens . In addition, they also have some adaptogens specific effect of blocking the influence of drugs on dopamine signaling to the nucleus accumbens, which is the principle of drug addiction .
The list includes dozens of classic adaptogens plants and many of them have parallel neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties, which form the core of the model adaptogen effect of ginseng against intoxications. Other than adaptogens ginseng, he still, unfortunately, in this context did not produce, so far in this text more or less confined to ginseng, which is considered among adaptogens for one. Otherwise similar neuroprotective effects and has, for example, Rhodiola rosea and other adaptogens.
Protection of neurons and cognitive function
Effect on memory adaptogens are usually investigated in connection with the effects of acetylcholine on the central path . Ginseng protected memory model cholinergic disturbance learning scopolamine ( Nitta1995pge , Sloley1999age ). According Alhazmi2013peg the protective effects of ginseng on the same memory as the memantine (standard palliative drug for Alzheimer's disease ). An effective Panaxosidy seems ginsenoside Rb 1 , which increases the release of acetylcholine in the hippocampus ( benishin1991egr ). This is in full compliance with the conclusions of the studies Yamaguchi1995egi and Yamaguchi1996egi under which protects the memory gssd. Rg 1 and gssd. Re , but not gssd. 1 Rb , Rd , F 2 , Rf , Rh-1 or 20-O-Glu-PPD .
Ginseng soothes irritation microglia responsible for the hangover. Ginseng is best taken before the consumption of alcohol or together with him. Effect during use of the day then smaller. Ginseng also protects neurons předrážděním memory center hippocampus ( Kim2007neg ).
Depending against itself
Right at the beginning: you can not expect miracles. He who once developed a strong drug addiction, will at every opportunity again tempted. Adaptogens with appropriate dopaminergic effect help by making abstinence less stressful. This statement supports a number of publications, but still did not dispel my personal doubts about this particular effect of ginseng and adaptogens classic.
- Kim1995bbg (rat) Tokuyama1996ege , Kim1999ibg (mouse), - the effect of total saponin of the ginseng extract or the individual panaxosidů against dopaminergic sensitization due to cocaine addiction.
- Kim1995ibg (Mouse) - normalizing effect on nerve signaling at morfinismu.
- Shim2000meg (rat) - normalizing influence on the nervous and signaling changes in gene expression by neurons upon administration of nicotine.
- Takahashi1998ppe , Kim2005pap - normalizing action of ginseng on the CNS and to counteract opioid dependence, cocaine and amphetamines.
- Oh1997gts - ginseng total saponin inhibits dopamine depletion in c. Striatum after methamphetamine.
- Blum2007mcc - Rhodiola rosea (Rhodiola rosea), affect the dopamine signaling and has the potential against drug addiction (alcoholism etc.) This study identifies dopaminergic system (specifically inhibiting catechol-O-methyl transferase) as a potential mechanism of action of Rhodiola against drug addiction (e.g. alcohol ).
- Treatment of central serotonin system Rhodiola mitigate the symptoms of experimental (rat) nicotinic withdrawal syndrome ( Mannucci2012sir ).