What causes joint pain
Acute joint pain naturally feel after exercise. This pain is well known athletes and generally heavy physically working people. Chronic joint pain is present when serious injury and subsequent healing joint. Constant pain also suffer from many seniors.
Healthy joints constantly regenerate
People suffering from chronic pain in joints often say that they have worn out joints. This is true only in part. In the course of life is constantly joints wear out and repair again. Stress on joints often ache for several days, but then in healthy individuals (and older) regenerates itself. The problem occurs when these natural regeneration ability diminishes or disappears.
Arthritis and chronic joint pain
For the chronic joint pain is generally the inflammation. Inflammation is an immune process, and the pain is its attribute. Even joint pain in most cases standing inflammation which at joints called arthritis. Damaged articular liner (either exercise or disease), becomes inflamed and sore then arises even simply moving a joint or touching in its vicinity. Normally, this pain effectively. Regenerate the damaged joint - tells us how long we have injured joints get some peace. There is, however purposeless chronic arthritis that hurts but does not lead to regeneration of the joint. With such arthritis should seek medical advice knowledgeable in medical botany.
Rheumatoid arthritis (popularly rheumatism) is a complex autoimmune disease. It is a specific type of ineffective joint inflammation and subsequent cartilage destruction. Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of older people, it can occur even at a relatively young age. Rheumatoid arthritis is to be distinguished from the long-term pain in the heal, is a joint. Rheumatoid arthritis usually affects several joints and sometimes a connective tissue throughout the body. In the advanced persistent joint inflammation leads to complications.
Classic adaptogens against joint pain and arthritis
Adaptogens causal effect against inflammation and pain is important for arthritis, where we are interested not merely reduce the feeling of pain, but also the regeneration of the affected joint, or removal of an autoimmune disorder where the arthritis caused. In addition to classic adaptogens suitable joint pain, I would like to mention even more efficient plants.
There are dozens of works confirming the effect of ginseng against arthritis and thus joint pain. It is based mainly on a slight effect panaxosidů against acute pain and their strong activity against chronic inflammation and pain . It is gisenosid Rb 1 , Rb 2 , Rg 1 and more. Their representative overview here:
- The extract of ginseng saponins (mainly gssd. Rg 3 , Rk 1 and Rg 5 ), served in a mouse model of arthritis ( Kim2010rgs ). A similar result was also studies Endale2014krg .
- Jhun2014rge clarify the molecular mechanisms by which ginseng treat autoimmune arthritis.
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 worked in a mouse model of arthritis by blocking TNF-α. ( Kim2007aeg )
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 on the model of arthritis protect joints by inhibiting the differentiation and maturation of osteoclasts. ( Gu2014smp )
- Gssd. Ro counteracted experimental inflammation and arthritis in rats. ( Matsuda1990aag )
- In vitro models of arthritis was the protective effect on chondrocytes detected in gssd. Rg 3 ( So2013peg ) and compound K ( Choi2013jec ).
- Compound A also showed a protective effect on arthritis rat model. ( Chen2014gmc )
- According to clinical studies Zhang2007cse carried out on 84 patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis notoginseng already after 4 weeks improved the status of patients.
- Notoginseng extract acted against rheumatoid arthritis in a mouse model. ( Chang2007aeb )
Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) , incorrectly Siberian ginseng , is an example of an adaptogen unique chemical-free ( davydov2000es ), but acting as a mixture of phytochemicals. Its effect on the mouse model of arthritis describe Takahashi2014pte . Anti-inflammatory effect of one of its components, in connection with arthritis studies described Yamazaki2007spc .
Hailing snodárná (Withania somnifera) , incorrectly termed also as Indian ginseng has an effect against inflammation and arthritis as the rat model ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and in human patients ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ). The mechanism of action explains the example. Ichikawa2006wpa .
Other medicinal plants against arthritis and joint pain
Scientific reports show a potentiating effect against arthritis for many other plants. From systematic reviews that I'd studied specifically I stated Soeken2003hmt , Long2001hmt and Setty2005hmc . Relatively shallow I studied a large number of active plants. On the list you will find adaptogens and medicinal plants, where the common denominator is the effect of arthritis / joint pain:
- Salidrosid, which is a major active ingredient Rhodiola rosea (Rhodiola rosea) showed in a rat model of immune protective effect against complications of rheumatoid arthritis. ( Zhu2016saa )
- Costus (Saussurea), one of the classic miracle plant of TCM and acts against inflammation and pain. Rheumatoid arthritis is a traditional indication ( Chik2015sir , Long2001hmt ).
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) has extensive anti-inflammatory properties and also acts against arthritis ( Grzanna2005ghm ).
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa), appears to be effective against chronic inflammation ( Bright2007cad ).
- Děhel Chinese (Angelica sinensis) are the traditional means of TCM against arthritis. Its effect against arthritis is devoted to an overview Magdalou2015aso .
- Peony (Paeonia lactiflora) is a TCM herb with traditional indications for joint pain ( Zhang2012mit ).
Natural drugs with potential activity against joint pain is so that they all can not even properly paid. Anti-inflammation and autoimmunity help and polyphenols from olive (tyrozol, oleuropein), citrus (naringin, hesperidin), vines (resveratrol, procyanidin) and Tea ( Kawaguchi2011eap ). Naringin against rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases mentions Ahmad2014aaa . Effect against inflammation and pain has lotus embryo, hemp, capsaicin, fish and reptile fat, garlic, cress (Lepidium sativum, Raval2013aec ), Ayurvedic samoduť grapes (Symplocos racemosa, Acharya2016cas ), boswellia (Boswellia) prescribed against arthritis in Ayurveda and in TCM ( Hamidpour2013frx ), aloe vera (Aloe vera, Cock2015gap ) and certainly other plants that have escaped my attention.
Among the plants that are adaptogens are against joint pains lot mentions toxic Tripterygium wilfordii ( Lipsky1997pnt , Ramgolam2000tcm , Bao2011cht ), poisonous povízelka (Cissampelos, Semwal2014fap ). Also, comfrey (Symphytum officinale) contains alkaloids for which I was reluctant to put it among adaptogens ( Stickel2000esc ), although it is traditional in this country against muscle and joint pain ( Staiger2012cco ). Pharmaceutical preparations Comfrey allegedly contain alkaloids and are therefore safe ( Staiger2013crf ). For aching joints must not forget also on the effect of exercise and a healthy lifestyle ( Cramp2013nif ).