What causes joint pain
Acute joint pain naturally feel after exercise. This pain is well known athletes and generally heavy physically working people. Chronic joint pain is present when serious injury and subsequent healing joint. Constant pain also suffer from many seniors.
Healthy joints constantly regenerate
People suffering from chronic pain in joints often say that they have worn out joints. This is true only in part. In the course of life is constantly joints wear out and repair again. Stress on joints often ache for several days, but then in healthy individuals (and older) regenerates itself. The problem occurs only when the natural regeneration ability diminishes or disappears.
Arthritis and chronic joint pain
For chronic pain in joints usually stands inflammation . Inflammation is an immune process , and the pain is its attribute. Arthritis called arthritis or osteoarthritis (if the inflammation extends bone tissue). The basic mechanism of arthritis articular damage the lining, leading to inflammation. Inflammation is accompanied by hyperalgesia (increased pain) and allodynia (perception painless sensations as painful). In the inflamed joints and pain and then simply moving or touching near the joint. Joint pain is normally effective phenomenon - tells us how long we have injured joints get some peace and allow its regeneration. There are however ineffective chronic arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis), which not only does not lead to the regeneration of the joints, but even in the long term destroys joint.
Rheumatoid arthritis (rheumatism) is a complex autoimmune disease. The point is that white blood cells from the patient him a fool for some reason and begin to see the problem where it is - in a healthy joint cartilage. The causes of this process are unclear, but in the joint inflammation is created, in which the white blood trying to destroy enemy nonexistent and in the disassembled binder cartilage and adjacent bone beams inside which, in their opinion conceal microbes or cancer. All autoimmune diseases are unpleasant but rheumatoid arthritis is very specific in that it can affect other cartilaginous tissues of the body, specifically cardiac and arterial valves. Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of older people, it can occur even at a relatively young age. Doctors are often helpless when it or it solves global immunosuppressive drugs, such as corticosteroids, which lead to reduced immunity, infections, and the vicious circle of gaining more and more paracelsovských medication into the patient's daily diet.
Classic adaptogens against joint pain and arthritis
Adaptogens causal effect against inflammation and pain is important for arthritis, where we are interested not merely reduce the feeling of pain, but also the regeneration of the affected joint, or removal of an autoimmune disorder where the arthritis caused. In addition to classic adaptogens suitable joint pain, I would like to mention even more efficient plants.
There are dozens of works confirming the effect of ginseng and dalšch species of ginseng ( American Ginseng , notoginseng ) against arthritis and thus the joint pain. It is based mainly on a slight effect panaxosidů against acute pain and their strong activity against chronic inflammation and pain. It is gisenosid Rb 1 , Rb 2 , Rg 1 and more. Their representative overview here:
- The extract of ginseng saponins (mainly gssd. Rg 3 , Rk 1 and Rg 5 ), served in a mouse model of arthritis ( Kim2010rgs ). A similar result was also studies Endale2014krg .
- Jhun2014rge clarify the molecular mechanisms by which ginseng treat autoimmune arthritis.
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 worked in a mouse model of arthritis by blocking TNF-α. ( Kim2007aeg )
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 on the model of arthritis protect joints by inhibiting the differentiation and maturation of osteoclasts. ( Gu2014smp )
- Gssd. Ro counteracted experimental inflammation and arthritis in rats. ( Matsuda1990aag )
- In vitro models of arthritis was the protective effect on chondrocytes detected in gssd. Rg 3 ( So2013peg ) and compound K ( Choi2013jec ).
- Compound A also showed a protective effect on arthritis rat model. ( Chen2014gmc )
- According to clinical studies Zhang2007cse carried out on 84 patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis notoginseng already after 4 weeks improved the status of patients.
- Notoginseng extract acted against rheumatoid arthritis in a mouse model. ( Chang2007aeb )
Siberian Ginseng , incorrectly Siberian ginseng , is an example of an adaptogen unique chemical-free ( davydov2000es ), but acting as a mixture of phytochemicals. Its effect on the mouse model of arthritis describe Takahashi2014pte . Anti-inflammatory effect of one of its components, in connection with arthritis studies described Yamazaki2007spc .
Hailing snodárná (ášvaganda incorrectly Indian ginseng ) have an effect against inflammation and arthritis as the rat model ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and in human patients ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ). The mechanism of action explains the example. Ichikawa2006wpa .
Other medicinal plants against arthritis and joint pain
Scientific reports show a potentiating effect against arthritis for many other plants. From systematic reviews that I'd studied specifically I stated Soeken2003hmt , Long2001hmt and Setty2005hmc . Relatively shallow I studied a large number of active plants. On the list you will find adaptogens and medicinal plants, where the common denominator is the effect of arthritis / joint pain:
- Salidrosid, which is a major active ingredient Rhodiola rosea showed in a rat model of immune protective effect against complications of rheumatoid arthritis. ( Zhu2016saa )
- Costus (Saussurea), one of the classic miracle plant of TCM and acts against inflammation and pain. Rheumatoid arthritis is a traditional indication ( Chik2015sir , Long2001hmt ).
- Right Ginger has extensive anti-inflammatory effects and also acts against arthritis ( Grzanna2005ghm ). Its effectiveness against pain in the knees has been clinically proven ( Tapsell2006hbh ).
- Related to ginger turmeric is also effective against chronic inflammation ( Bright2007cad ).
- Děhel Chinese are the traditional means of TCM against arthritis. Its effect against arthritis is devoted to an overview Magdalou2015aso .
- Peony Chinese TCM plant, with traditional indications for joint pain ( Zhang2012mit ).
Natural drugs with potential activity against joint pain is so that they all can not even properly paid. Anti-inflammation and autoimmunity help and polyphenols from olive (tyrozol, oleuropein), citrus (naringin, hesperidin), vines (resveratrol, procyanidin) and Tea ( Kawaguchi2011eap ). Naringin against rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases mentions Ahmad2014aaa . Effect against inflammation and pain has lotus embryo, hemp, capsaicin, fish and reptile fat, garlic, cress (Lepidium sativum, Raval2013aec ), Ayurvedic samoduť grapes (Symplocos racemosa, Acharya2016cas ) and boswellia (Boswellia, Hamidpour2013frx ), aloe vera ( Cock2015gap ) and certainly other plants that have escaped my attention.
Among the plants that are adaptogens are against joint pains lot mentions toxic Tripterygium wilfordii ( Lipsky1997pnt , Ramgolam2000tcm , Bao2011cht ), poisonous povízelka (Cissampelos, Semwal2014fap ). Also, comfrey (Symphytum officinale) contains alkaloids for which I hesitated to include it among adaptogens ( Stickel2000esc ), although it is traditional in comfrey relieve pain in muscles and joints ( Staiger2012cco ). Pharmaceutical preparations Comfrey allegedly contain alkaloids and are safe ( Staiger2013crf ). For aching joints must not forget also on the effect of exercise and a healthy lifestyle ( Cramp2013nif ).