How is joint pain
Acute joint pain naturally feel after exercise. This pain is well known athletes and generally physically hard-working people. Chronic joint pain is present in more serious injuries and subsequent healing joint. Constant pain also suffer from many seniors .
Healthy joints constantly regenerate
People suffering from chronic joint pain often say that they have worn out joints. This is true only in part. In the course of life they had always worn joints and repaired again. Stress on joints often ache for several days, but in healthy individuals (and seniors) regenerates itself. The problem arises only when this natural regeneration ability is reduced or completely disappears.
Arthritis and chronic joint pain
For chronic joint pain usually stands inflammation . Inflammation is an immune process and pain is the attribute. Inflammation of the joints called arthritis or osteoarthritis (if the inflammation reaches the bone tissue). The basic mechanism of arthritis joint lining damage leading to inflammation. Inflammation is accompanied by hyperalgesia (increased pain) and allodynia (perception of non-pain sensations as painful). In the inflamed joints and pain and then simply moving or touching near the joint. Joint pain is normally effective phenomenon - tells us how long we have injured joint indulge in peace and allow its regeneration. But there is inexpedient chronic arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis), which not only leads to regeneration of joint, but even in the long term destroys the joint.
Rheumatoid arthritis (rheumatism) is a complex autoimmune disease. The point is that the patient's white blood cells him a fool for a reason and begin to see problems where there is - in healthy joint cartilage. The causes of this process are unclear, but the joint inflammation is created, in which the white blood cells trying to destroy nonexistent enemy and disassembled at the bond beams cartilage and adjacent bone, inside which, in their view hidden germs or cancer. All autoimmune diseases are bothersome but rheumatoid arthritis is very specific in that it can affect other body tissues of cartilage, specifically a heart valve and the arterial. Rheumatoid arthritis is not just a disease of older people, it can occur even at a relatively young age. Doctors are often clueless when it or her solve global immunosuppressive drugs such as corticosteroids, which lead to reduced immunity, infections and a vicious circle gaining more and more paracelsovských medication into the patient's daily diet.
Classic adaptogens against joint pain and arthritis
Adaptogens causal effect against inflammation and pain of arthritis is important for where we are interested not only by simply removing the feeling of pain, but also the regeneration of the diseased joint, or the removal of an autoimmune disorder where the arthritis caused. In addition to classic adaptogens suitable joint pains, I would like to mention more efficient plants.
There are dozens of works confirming the effect of ginseng and dalšch kinds of ginseng ( American ginseng , notoginseng ) against arthritis and thus the joint pain. It is based mainly on a slight effect panaxosidů against acute pain and severe action against chronic inflammation and pain. This is a gisenosid Rb 1 , Rb 2 , Rg 1 and more. Their representative overview here:
- The extract of ginseng saponins (mainly gssd. Rg 3 , k 1 and Rg 5 ) caused in a mouse model of arthritis ( Kim2010rgs ). A similar result was a study Endale2014krg .
- Jhun2014rge explains the molecular mechanisms by which ginseng treat autoimmune arthritis.
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 acted against a murine model of arthritis, blocking TNF-α. ( Kim2007aeg )
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 on the model of arthritis protect joints by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation and maturation. ( Gu2014smp )
- Gssd. Ro worked against experimental inflammation and arthritis in rats. ( Matsuda1990aag )
- In vitro models of arthritis, the protective effect on chondrocytes found in gssd. Rg 3 ( So2013peg ) and compound K ( Choi2013jec ).
- The compound also showed a protective effect in a rat model of arthritis. ( Chen2014gmc )
- According to clinical studies Zhang2007cse carried out on 84 patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis notoginseng already after 4 weeks improved the condition of patients.
- Extract Notoginseng performed against rheumatoid arthritis in a mouse model. ( Chang2007aeb )
Eleutherococcus senticosus , incorrectly Siberian ginseng , is an example containing no target adaptogen chemicals ( davydov2000es ), but acting as a mixture of phytochemicals. Its effect on the mouse model of arthritis describe Takahashi2014pte . Anti-inflammatory effect of one of its components, in connection with arthritis studies described Yamazaki2007spc .
Hailing snodárná (ášvaganda incorrectly Indian ginseng ) had an effect against inflammation and arthritis as the rat model ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and in human patients ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ). The mechanism of action explains the example. Ichikawa2006wpa .
Other medicinal plants against arthritis and joint pain
Scientific reports show a potentiating effect against arthritis for many other plants. Of systematic reviews that I'd studied specifically I stated Soeken2003hmt , Long2001hmt and Setty2005hmc . Relatively shallow I studied a large number of efficient plants. The list can be found adaptogens and medicinal plants, of which the common denominator is the effect of arthritis / joint pain:
- Salidrosid which is the major active ingredient Rhodiola rosea showed in a rat model of immune protective effect against complications of rheumatoid arthritis. ( Zhu2016saa )
- Costus (Saussurea) are among the classic TCM miraculous plants and acts against inflammation and pain. Rheumatoid arthritis is a traditional indication ( Chik2015sir , Long2001hmt ).
- Right ginger has extensive anti-inflammatory effects and also acts against arthritis ( Grzanna2005ghm ). Its efficacy against pain in the knees has been clinically proven ( Tapsell2006hbh ).
- Ginger related turmeric is also effective against chronic inflammation ( Bright2007cad ).
- Wild Angelica Chinese are the traditional means of TCM against arthritis. Its effect against arthritis is devoted to an overview Magdalou2015aso .
- Chinese peony is a plant with TCM traditional indications for joint pain ( Zhang2012mit ).
Natural drugs with potential activity against joint pain is so that they all can not even properly paid. Inflammation and autoimmunity help and polyphenols from olive (Tyrosol, oleuropein), citrus (naringin, hesperidin), vines (resveratrol, procyanidin) and tea ( Kawaguchi2011eap ). Naringin against rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases also mentions Ahmad2014aaa . Effect against inflammation and pain has lotus embryo, hemp, capsaicin, fish and reptile fats, garlic, cress (Lepidium sativum Raval2013aec ) Ayurvedic symplocos Grapes (Symplocos racemosa, Acharya2016cas ) and boswellia (Boswellia, Hamidpour2013frx ), aloe vera ( Cock2015gap ) and certainly other plants that have escaped my attention.
Among the plants that are adaptogens against joint pain many mentions toxic Tripterygium wilfordii ( Lipsky1997pnt , Ramgolam2000tcm , Bao2011cht ), poisonous povízelka (cissampelos, Semwal2014fap ). Also, comfrey (Symphytum officinale) contains alkaloids for which I hesitated to include it among adaptogens ( Stickel2000esc ), although comfrey is traditional in this country against muscle and joint pain ( Staiger2012cco ). Comfrey pharmaceutical preparations apparently contain alkaloids and are safe ( Staiger2013crf ). For joint pain must not forget also on the effect of exercise and a healthy lifestyle ( Cramp2013nif ).