Reputation miracle plant which classically have adaptogens was multiplied by their ability to reduce pain. In other words, a good chance to get a reputation as a panacea have historically those plants that have an analgesic effect - pain reliever. From this perspective, it is not surprising that most classic of adaptogens relieve pain. This information but requires clarification.
Acute and chronic pain
Very simply, there are two types of pain: acute and chronic. Acute pain is that which occurs immediately after the injury. Chronic pain has long been present in sick or heal, the body. A special kind of chronic pain is caused by inflammation. Pain is one of the four attributes of inflammation and chronic inflammation therefore inevitably causes chronic pain .
The effect of adaptogens painkillers
Many adaptogens relieves pain due to its anti-inflammatory effect. We can say that adaptogens are less effective against acute pain. The core of their application forms applications against chronic inflammation and pain caused by it. Classic adaptogens represent a sort of selection of the best anti-inflammatory plants - those that are harmless and act causally, that treats the cause of the disease. Some of them are:
Clinically ginseng attenuates mainly the pain in whose etiology plays a role in chronic inflammation ( atherosclerosis , neurodegenerative disease , joint degeneration , inflammation of nerves, tendonitis etc.). Anti-inflammatory effect of ginseng is the subject of another article. Here I would like to pay by direct anti-nociceptive (ie. Analgesic, pain dampening) the effects of ginseng as mentioned in literature. A reduced clarity of certain phrases sorry.
- Ginseng had an analgesic effect and potentiates the antinociceptive action of pentazocine and aspirin .
- Mixed ginseng extract and specifically ginsenoside Rf blocks calcium channels in sensory neurons of the brain in the same way as opioids ( Nah1995tcg ). This would suggest a direct effect of ginsenosides Rf against the perception of pain.
- Total extract of ginseng saponins suppress the pain caused by application of capsaicin into the skin in mice. ED 50 was 49mg / kg vnitrobřišně, when applying the extract to the brain ventricles only about 1.5 mg / kg ( Nah2000ega ).
- This was confirmed by studies Yoon1998gid which also found that the mixture panaxosidů further inhibits pain in mice induced by substance P ED 50 was 30μg for one animal (i.e. about 2 mg / kg).
- NOS3 activation and inhibition of NOS2 at ginseng saponins combine. Ginsenoside Rg 1, which was described in the previous section as an activator NOS3, has in the vascular endothelium also the effect against inflammation. It can be seen as a reduction of inflammatory factor TNF-α and suppression of the "military" inducible NO synthase 2, the "civilian" NOS3 remains in the vessels on full alert. ( Ma2006pae )
- Ability to reduce expression of NO synthase 2 and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition of inflammatory transcription factor NF-kB was detected in several different panaxosidů, among others. Even ginsenosides Rh 1 and Rh 2 . ( Park1996gri , Park2003aag ) gssd. Rh 1 and Rh 2 also block the outpouring of histamine and development of allergic reactions, and better than the standard drug disodium chromoglikát.
- Similarly performs ginseng saponin aglycone panaxatriol, 20 (S) -PPT ( Oh2004sog ) which is a metabolite gssd Rh 1 and Rg 1 .
- Gssd. Rb 1 and particularly its metabolite compound K , can also block the transcription factor NF-κΒ and strongly reduces the activity of NOS2 and production of prostaglandin E2 in activated macrophages . ( Park2005ieg )