Increase physical performance options are limited
As all athletes know, physical performance organism has its limits, which can not be crossed with impunity. Let's look at some common (neadaptogenní) stimulants physical performance:
- Alcohol: Objectively increases physical strength. Drunk develop more muscle strength than sober, but at the cost of congestion and risk of injury (tearing of muscle, tendon, joint overload ...). Everyone will understand that by using alcohol in sport has its exact limits.
- Cocaine: Objectively increases stamina, but at a high price - congestion, addiction and health damage.
- Anabolic Steroid: Increase lean muscle growth, but they have side effects that have been in sports magazines devoted sdostatek attention.
In a completely healthy person in optimal conditions (ie. An individual unloaded in theoretical medical sense ) it is almost impossible to improve any aspect of performance without any negative consequences. Health, people can unload their physical performance to maintain a healthy diet , biorhythm and way of life close to nature and human nature. Only when stress is the importance of using adaptogens.
Professional athletes know that pain and feeling tired after a workout is caused by tiny cracks in the muscles and tendons. After severe training leads to muscle fever - a slight inflammation of the working muscles . Regeneration stressed muscle groups leads to growth (hypertrophy) of muscle mass. It is not clear to me how it is correct to suppress the pain analgesics, which are often used by professional athletes. Analgesics off an entire section of cellular communication (prostaglandin synthesis) and their impact on the natural development of sports fitness training at me is not clear. In my current knowledge, I find it less risky to use adaptogens.
Adaptogens generally increase the range of adaptation of the organism - the ability to withstand load (stress in a broad sense). Model adaptogen ginseng and its related eleutherocok ( " Siberian ginseng ") is often used in sports. They have a number of effects that support long-term performance, especially its effect against inflammation and improving muscle recovery after training. At the very physiological limits peak physical performance but do not directly affect ( Engels2001egs ). For the same reason adaptogens in sport not considered as doping .
The main adaptogens with a restriction of the feeling of fatigue and improve recovery after exercise . Although it seems to us that we were hurt during exercise, in fact, our muscles and binders full of microcracks, which later lead to the intensification stressed tissues. Pain after intense exercise is associated with inflammation and healing microcracks just there to apply anti-inflammatory effects of adaptogens .
Although publications curing believe that ginseng does not increase peak physical performance ( Engels1997nee , Engels2001egs ), some studies say otherwise. For example, according Liang2005pns life subjects during aerobic exercise to exhaustion after a 30-day use of Notoginseng (Panax notoginseng) at a dose of 1.35 grams per day increased by 7 minutes, their blood pressure fell by 5mmHg and oxygen consumption during exercise decreased by 5 l / min. Bucci2000shh presents the conclusion that ginseng is effective when it is used in a standardized form (ie. Good), sufficient doses (> 1 g daily) for a sufficient period of time (> 8 weeks). According to clinical studies Hou2015iib ginsenoside Rg1 prolonged use of limited inflammation and improve muscle regeneration probands.
Diverse protective effect of ginseng in science devoted much attention. Ginseng increases the ability to withstand cold temperatures ( Yuan1989egr ) protected during chemical loading is highly effective against radiation , reduces pain sensation, even in small doses improves wound healing ( morisaki1995mae ) and accelerates physical recovery of 20% ( kwon2003ekr ). For those interested, I wrote a little guide to the use of ginseng and to determine the personal dose . Ginseng disadvantage is the high price and also that his miraculous reputation overshadows other plants highly effective adaptogens.
- Siberian Ginseng is widely used to enhance physical performance in sports and in the army of the former Soviet Union countries.
- Ginger genuine acts against inflammation and pain. Its use in sports is engaged Wilson2015gzo . According Hoseinzadeh2015aeg reduces ginger muscle pain during exercise.
- Hailing snodárná also has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Jiaogulan is only known to me panaxosidy containing ginseng plant outside the genus and can be home-grown.
- Scutellaria baicalensis protects the heart ( Cui2015cba ) and other cells from oxidative stress, which is the typical attribute of aerobic exercise.
- Many other adaptogenic plants (eg. Pine extract, turmeric, schisandra etc.) have the potential of healthy nutrition of athletes.