Effect panaxosidů to steroid receptors and pathways
Ginseng saponins are steroidal in nature and is not surprising that act on mammalian cells steroid receptors (estrogen, anrogenní, glucocorticoid receptor, etc.). From this fact, but entails no coherent conclusion. Panaxosidy effect on steroid receptors rather provoke effects in folk awareness steroids do not associate - neuroprotective, cardiovascular, and the like. To balance sex hormones ginseng generally does not intervene. Perhaps the effect on erection is not a result of a hormonal action, but the activation of nitric oxide synthase in the vasculature . The following examples of specific interactions are not exhaustive publications on Panaxosidy on this topic is about ten times more.
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 , but not its aglycone, I strongly phytoestrogen. While gssd. R 1 does not act directly on the estrogen receptor. ( Chan2002eag )
- Ginsenoside Rg 1 acts on estrogen receptors and pathways and affects the immune system . ( Lau2008gre , Chan2002eag , Lu2008grp )
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 acts on the estrogen receptor and thereby protects neurons from apoptosis. ( Hashimoto2012grp )
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 by acting on the estrogen receptor β inhibits angiogenesis . ( Leung2007gri )
- Ginsenoside Rh 1 acts on estrogen receptor. ( Lee2003gcg )
- Ginsenoside Re acts on the androgen receptor, estrogen receptor α and progesterone receptor. Consequently facilitates the activation of endothelial NO synthase .
- Ginsenoside Rb 1 acting on the androgen receptor and activates vascular NO synthase. ( Yu2007spn )
- Ginsenoside Rg 3 acts on the androgen receptor and inhibits cell division prostate cancer in vitro. ( Liu2000aeg )
The term adaptogen is theoretically defined in relation to stress . Practically, in the model adaptogen ginseng it shows that its content substances act directly on the glucocorticoid receptor. The main glucocorticoid in humans is the stress hormone cortisol.