Vitasia snodarna ( asvaganda ) is perhaps the most famous medicinal herb of Ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine). It is often called " Indian ginseng, " but it would be less misleading to say, for example, "the legendary Indian adaptogen".
Vitania belongs to the miraculous family of Solanaceae ( Solanaceae ) and is quite remarkable to the mocha of the Jewish cherry ( Physalis alkekengi ) - since Linnaeus was originally described in the genus mochina as Physalis somnifera . As well as mochyne, vitania also carries yellow edible berries protected in bladders, but those with vitania are not the main part used. The vitamin is the most important truncated root remotely resembling ginseng.
Vitaferins, vitanolides, and other saponins are responsible for the adaptogenic effect of vitania, the most important of which is vitaferin A. In addition to saponins, vitamin alkaloids contain isopletierin and anaferin ( Mishra2000sbt ). Vitania is also rich in iron.
According to scientific studies, vitania has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects, works against stress, improves hematopoiesis and regeneration, and positively affects the cardiovascular and nervous system ( Mishra2000sbt ). The mechanism of action of vitaferin A is directed to Ku2014wii . It also investigates its anti-cancer activity - vitaferin A blocks growth of blood vessels ( Mohan2004wip ). Vitania is non-toxic ( Mishra2000sbt ) and ranks among classical adaptogens.
- Vitania works against stress and depression ( Bhattacharya2003aaw , Bhattacharya2000aaw ), its anti-stress effect is comparable to ginseng ( Mishra2000sbt ).
- The root of vitania has an anti-inflammatory effect ( Rasool2006irw ) by inhibiting the transcription factor NF-κB ( Grover2010ina , Ichikawa2006wpa ).
- Vitania has been active against arthritis in animals ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and humans ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ).
- It is possible to speculate on the use of vitamin in other autoimmune diseases . The potential for vitamin L lupus erythematosus is described by Minhas2012tew .
- Neurotropic effects of vitamin see below 19418355, 19444606, 18476388, 19666100, 20521626, stress + depression 21614890, lupus 22160928, allergy: 22324179, anti-obsessive disorders: 22546655, neuroprotective: 22606332