The chronic autoimmune process is a common feature of many diseases: autoimmune thyroid inflammation, lupus, psoriasis, pemphigus, inflammation of blood vessels, purpura, etc. Rheumatism is one of the most common diseases with an autoimmune background. For these diseases, adaptogens will sometimes give unexpected relief.
Autoimmune effects of ginseng
Genus Genus has extensive effects against autoimmune diseases. This is not a guaranteed drug, but it definitely pays off to try it if we can afford it.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - Ginseng administration improves the symptoms of autoimmune arthritis ( Jhun2014rge ) by reducing STAT3 phosphorylation and decreasing the number of Th17 cells.
- Multiple sclerosis - ginseng had an effect against fatigue associated with this disease ( Etemadifar2013gtf ).
- Several papers show the efficacy of ginseng right in atopic dermatitis ( Lee2011ekr , Kim2011eta , Sohn2011ekr , Lee2011krg , Cho2013ekr ).
- Lupus erythematosus - the only Chinese publication dealing with the treatment of lupus ginseng ( Yang1986tsl ).
- Ginseng polysaccharides in the mouse model have been found to have been found to cause autoimmune brain damage. ( Hwang2011app )