Practical Summary: Colorectal cancer is a serious, but not extraordinary disease. In the Czech Republic, the affected group has over 2.3 million members in the last 50 years. The worst is Slovakia and Hungary, which is even more developed in terms of smoked meat. In addition to sausages, the Czech Republic also has the level of botany and phytotherapy that this text deals with. In the first place, the untouchable TČM has extensive experience with colorectal carcinoma phytotherapy. After her, she goes through a list of herbs according to science, which, on the contrary, lacks confidence. Suma sumarum, the most important of the phytotherapeutic options are oldenlandie, shishak, ghettos, ginseng, potion of the six noble and potion to strengthen the center and increase qi , in the prevention also anti-cancerous sponges and algal fiber.
Cancer of the colon and rectum (colorectal cancer) is one of the most common cancers , both in the world and especially in the Czech Republic. Colorectal cancer affects men and women to the same extent and its frequency increases. In 2006, Czechs ranked second in Europe in this cancer.
What Is Colorectal Cancer?
Like all other carcinomas, colorectal carcinoma of the epithelium - the lining of the large intestine or rectum mucosa, also emerge. Due to the aggressive chemical environment of the large intestine, the mucosal DNA DNA is continuously damaged and its gradual malignancy is impaired. Therefore, this cancer, which is hardly common among younger people, is so common in people over 50 years of age. Malignant malignancy of colon mucosal cells is a gradual process. It often prevents the formation of polyps - infestations in which the cells of the mucosa are too proliferated, but their growth will stop over time, so that intestinal polyps are considered benign tumors. (That colorectal cancer is malignant and deadly can not say to anyone.) It also logically follows that the risk of colorectal cancer can be delayed by continuous and regular emptying,to which sufficient content contributesfiber in the diet .
How and why is it?
This text is not supposed to add a textbook, but to give a compact pragmatic knowledge. First, the major risk processes of colon cancer include chronic inflammation (ulcerative colitis) and other inflammatory bowel disease - Crohn's disease ( Qi2010agp). The inflammation of the large intestine and the painful diarrhea, which is often manifested, is therefore poor. In the theory of anti-cancer herbs and mixtures, this perception is reflected in the fact that they include many important anti-inflammatory herbs. Another important point is that colon and rectum cancer is highly inherited. Her presence in parents or grandparents shows an increased risk for children. However, the origin of cancer is linked to a high age, and young people are virtually absent. Colorectal cancer can also be found in completely risk-free individuals over the age of 50, because DNA damage has been accumulated for so long.
Symptoms of colorectal carcinoma
Colorectal cancer is insidious in that it does not show up for a long time. Without preventive examinations (colonoscopy), the patient will notice it late, because the actual symptoms (constipation, changes in the stool, vomiting, fatigue, weight loss ...) occur very late. Fever in stools is more often a symptom of hemorrhoids , suffering about 50% of the population. Preventive examination can reveal not only the early stage of cancer, but also uncommon tumors (intestinal sarcoma, etc.) and risk processes - swollen nodules, carcinoids and intestinal polyps that occur most frequently. Intestinal polyps are analogous to maternal signs, with the difference that much more is present on the mucosa of the colon and rectum under the influence of the aggressive chemical environment. Especially in high age, the polyps can be directly sown. Therefore, all people over 50 years of age have to worry about colon and rectum cancer. In 2014, a comprehensive colorectal screening program was introduced in the Czech Republic , which everyone can use.
Treatment of colorectal carcinoma
Standard treatment of colorectal cancer is the same as for cancer in general - a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, and possibly radiotherapy. In the colorectal cancer chemotherapy, the standard fluorouracil cytostatic is still used. However, there is also immunotherapy and even more sophisticated methods of radiant tomorrow, which are not yet in common clinical practice. So even today, the importance of antimicrobial herb and standard herbal blend, especially TČM, has the most confidence in the treatment of cancer (and all other illnesses) of all kinds of charlatan. With regard to prevention, the main dietary recommendation here is enough fiber . Thereafter, the dietary constraints of those foods that produce the most aggressive decomposition products - red meat, animal fats, grilled, baked, fried and smoked meals - are followed by dietary restrictions. Mushroom nutrition has specific and non-specific effects in the prevention and treatment of cancer and especially cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. I am concentrating on the natural means of prevention and treatment of this cancer.
Basics of phytotherapy of colorectal carcinoma according to TČM
Traditional Chinese medicine offers a vast amount of practical experience in the treatment of cancer, including frequent colorectal cancer. As a mere scientist, I am not called to theorize about TCM, but I can refer to sources and recite information about TCM in scientific journals already published. The Chao2014ppc statistical study in 2014 documented the phyto- therapeutic methods of Taiwanese TCM practitioners (ie where the tradition of the TCM was not interrupted by Communist intervention). For Taiwanese TCM doctors, MUDr. diploma, so it comprehensively controls the whole treatment of the oncology patient. TČM uses both individual herbs and especially standard and patent mixtures (where "patent" is traditional and proven, not patented). Thus, Chao2014ppc states that in Taiwan, the following individual herbs are prescribed in colon cancer and rectum:
and these herbal mixtures :
The potion of the six noblemen is recommended in the enriched version of the Tortuguous and Cardamom (a proven, traditional variation of the potion of the six noble ones). The potion of the six noble ones can be bought as a powder, pill, or preferably in a natural form (dried herbs weighed in the amount needed to prepare the potion). Equally readily available is a potion to strengthen the center and raise qi. When I go back to the Chao2014ppc study, which I recommend reading in full, this study identifies the two most common components of Chinese standard mixtures against the discussed cancer:
Of these, the Chinese deer and other species of the genus Angelica are also one of the most important herbal remedies for breast cancer.
Herbal in Colorectal Cancer from a Science Point of View
Compared to the non-scientific TČM, modern scientific research on anti-cancer medicinal herbs and adaptogens is backward. Our science has a theoretical knowledge of many potentially anti-cancer herbs, publications that would be high stacked on the table. Of these stacks, unfortunately, no specific recommendation for doctors will go away. Today's science is already too advanced and sophisticated. It was only in Pasteur that I was going to give patients tomorrow what I'm doing today. Today's science has known hundreds of experimentally verified anti-cancer herbs for decades, but does not know which are worse, which better and which the best, scientific impartiality will not allow her to give her curative recommendation to use herb. The highly pragmatic TCH has a decisive advantage over science. From the scientific point of view, we have three main groups of mechanism of action:
- Regeneration of tissues (after surgery) and immune system (after chemotherapy).
- Immunomodulatory effect stimulating anti-cancer immunity.
- Direct cytotoxic effect on colorectal carcinoma cells.
A very important subgroup of class 2 (immunomodulatory effects) are plants that are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is one of those conditions that are at risk for cancer. Many adaptogens (ginseng, vitans, etc.) not only act against inflammation but also protect cells and facilitate regeneration, so they are also suitable for chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy. Immunomodulatory agents include medicinal sponges, the model of which is particularly important in the prevention of colorectal cancer is glossy gloss . This fungus specifically and non-specifically strengthens the cytotoxic immune response, but as I have already outlined, science can not compare it quantitatively with other anticancer herbs. For TČM glossy cork, on the contrary, is a funeral of immortals and the medicine of the gods. For more information on herbs from this jug, see the general article on cancer .
- To demonstrate how the stacks of publications look like nothing to do for oncology, let's take a look at the model ginseng adaptogen. Its effect is primarily due to glycosides ( panaxosides ), which mainly use ginsenosides Rg 3 , Rh 2 and other little glycosylated panaxosides and their aglycone ( Wang2016rgc , Wang2008prg , Vayghan2014ptr ) in colorectal carcinoma. Its polysaccharides and other substances, such as panaxynol , panaxydol , etc., are also important , making ginseng an extremely popular supportive agent for this cancer ( Lai2012ppc ) in Asia. Its prophylactic effect on colorectal cancer is documented by the Yun2010npe clinical study, further studies clarifying the mechanism of its development - see Shin2000cpp , Shibata2001ccp , Wang2008prg , Vayghan2014ptr , Choi2013bbc , Wang2016rgc and mn. Genesis also protects the colon from external carcinogens ( Poudyal2012hfa , Yu2015aga , Dougherty2011ags ), inhibits the division of cell lines HT-29, HCT-116, SW-480, LoVo and many others ( He2012aap , Liang2010otf , Wang2009mpi , Wang2009aed and mn. .), reduces invasiveness ( Seo2011rge , Park2011fge , Poudyal2013krm , Hsieh2016epn and mn) and acts synergistically with cytostatics ( Wang2007nea , Wang2007cep, etc.). Equally effective is ginseng notoginseng , American ginseng ( Sun2011rnh ), probably Japanese ginseng and Vietnamese ginseng . All ginsengs have an anti-inflammatory effect (see Keum2003ieg , Hofseth2007ict , Jin2008ags , Xie2009vva , Yu2015aga , Poudyal2012hfa , Wang2016aga , Dougherty2011ags and mn).
- The effect of the gloss gloss gloss model is mainly given by its triterpenoids (ganoderic acids, etc.) and specific polysaccharides. It is the same class of substances as ginseng. The genus of the glacier is even more rich in triterpenoids than the ginseng genus , and the genus of the glans has a total of 315 ( Xia2014crs ). According to science, glossary cancer against cancer (only potentially!) Is immunomodulatory ( Sliva2006glc ), anti-inflammatory ( Liu2015aeg ) and antiproliferative. Ganodermanontriol and other glomerular agents exert apoptosis of HT-29 colorectal carcinoma cell lines ( Hong2004egl , Jedinak2011glt , Thyagarajan2010tfg , Hong2004egl ), LoVo ( Liang2015imi ), HCT-116 ( Liang2014gp , Liang2015imi ) and also in vivo in a mouse model ( Jedinak2011glt ). Lesklokorka also restricts intestinal polyps ( Oka2010wef ). See also the treatment of glossary cancer against cancer in general . Of course, there is nothing to be done about oncological practice according to scientific rules.
All fungi have non-specific anti-cancer effects ( Patel2012rdm , Feeney2014mhs ) due to their content of ergosterol ( Li2015epf ) and beta-glucans ( Temizoz2016vap ). Especially against colorectal cancer, their mycochitin, which binds toxins in the intestine and is an excellent fiber, is also used. Some mushrooms also have specific effects (so-called anticancer fungi ).
- For example, the Russian lizard (the incisor) and other representatives of the order Polyporales ( Popovic2013mcu , Grienke2014emp ).
- In Japan, the discolored indication is also often used, as well as a variety of woody, sponge fungus, which is also growing rapidly in our country. It contains proteoglycan (PSK) effective against several types of cancer ( Jimenezmedina2008ipi , Fisher2002aem , Eliza2012eyz ), including the colon and rectum cancer discussed here since the 1990s ( Kanoh1994eae , Kobayashi1995aep ).
- Other popular are the fur-fronted firefighter ( Li2004ppp , Song2011ppp ), the camphorian outfit ( Yeh2009cta , Lee2014ncc, etc.), Chinese caterpillars ( Huang2007iec ) and mn. j.
If we disregard the undervalued mushrooms, the vegetal realm is popular in the discussion:
- aloe vera ( Shimpo2014iel , Pan2013iag ), Chinese angel with its phthalides ( Kan2008sae ) and coumarins ( Zheng2016iea ), Eleutherococcus spp. ( Cichello2015pia ), Marian thistle ( Raina2016scc ), the bitter Momordonia seeds with its high eleostearic acid content ( Kobori2008aai , Khan2007bgm ) at TČM mentioned oldenlandie roztažitá ( Li2015hdw ) and others.
Also important are the non-specific effects of plant fiber, especially seaweed, which are important in the prevention of colorectal carcinoma, also an underestimated part of the diet. And that's all I wanted to say here. Who would think this text in the context of Adaptogeny.cz from the point of view of information content is below average, he can go for a 3km run and then continue reading a marathon article about the new reduction diet rules , in which the described dietary principles strongly contribute to the prevention of colorectal cancer.