Practical Summary: Joint inflammation (arthritis) is a highly painful condition that may have various causes. The article offers a slightly different view of joints, their healing and herbal treatment of arthritis. Additives include peony, corn, ginseng, vitamin, ginger and others. In addition, traditional Chinese medicine offers highly effective anti-rheumatic herbal mixtures, which can be tested after expert consultation.
Joints are the most complex part of the skeletal system. Anyone who has ever built a joint knows how important lubrication and durability are. In the human body, lubrication is solved without oil: the lubricant is a viscous, slippery aqueous solution - synovial fluid . It is soaked in the porous joint cartilage. Without lubrication the joint would not last a day. However, synovial fluid holds better than oil-impregnated sintered friction bearings known from engineering. As the force rises, the cartilage lining pushes a droplet of lubricant to prevent friction and wear. To make the synovial fluid out of the joint, the joints are locked in the articular sleeve - a synovial vagina that also protects the joint.
Inflammation and joint pain as an accompanying phenomenon of joint regeneration
Thanks to the well-solved lubrication, the joints are not too wear-free even when stressed. After exercise, our muscles hurt and everything is possible, but the joints are angry only when we really hurt them. Every technician knows that while the shape-perfect bearing lasts for a very long time, when only one ball is angled, it is soon faulty. Similarly, the joint must be repaired until the damage is small. The repair requires an intervention of the immune system whose cells cleanse the joint and repair the damaged site. The joint space, where no cells are normally, is full of workers when they are repaired, and the only movement is to crush the slush. Therefore, when repairing, the ban applies to the joint. For the time of repair, the inflammation of the joint is pronounced and even the slightest movement hurts us so that the need to move the joint with a damn well thought out (expertly called allodynia).
In light damage, joint repair and pain associated with this are only a few days. However, the joint has the ability to repair relatively severe injuries. However, these repairs take a very long time, usually longer than a year. I speak from experience: I had a broken knee and the complete healing of torn ligaments including remodeling took me several years. After normal exercise, on the contrary, the joints do not hurt at all, because occasional movement benefits them. Again, engineering comparisons can be made: the bearings are more likely to get in the way of idling than they wear out. In addition, the synovial fluid in the joint moves oxygen and nutrients, as the blood supply to the joint lining due to mechanical pressures is not possible. That's why we relax with our feet and relax in our sleep several times a night.
Rheumatoid arthritis, or rheumatism
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease . Joints, which are normally painless and well hidden from infection, have a rheumatic attack by their own immune system . And while autoimmune diabetes does not even notice the affected person, inflammation of the joint will immediately alert you. Stiffness and joint pain occur mainly in the morning because at night white blood cells have time to find themselves in a joint to declare an extraordinary condition there. Since rheumatism can not actually be cured, sooner or later there will be actual damage when the white blood cells start to suck out the alleged intruders from the joints. Damaged joints are trying to heal (another pain), but the healing process can not reach a successful goal. The articular surface loses its geometric perfection and, when moving under the analgesics, can be distorted to the bone - osteoarthritis develops. Bone growths can then completely destroy mobility. Even if the rheumatism does not lead to such severe joint damage, it is dangerous to affect other cartilage and fibrous organs that are less painful, but more importantly - I am talking about rheumatic damage to the heart and vascular valves.
Other types of joint pain
Every experienced herbalist knows that in case of more severe joint pain, a professional diagnosis is always required. This is not only because rheumatoid arthritis may require standard immunosuppression and also serious surgery, but also because there may be rare but serious cases of joint infection and cancer, especially osteosarcoma , which may appear to be pervasive, seemingly joint pain. These and other rare diseases are exclusively in the hands of a doctor and this article does not deal with them. It is better if a surgeon seeks a TCM expert for rheumatism, unless the inexperienced TCM practitioner consults a doctor because of a poorly diagnosed osteosarcoma.
Natural treatment of inflammation and joint pain
Joint pain can be muted. Dot. Both standard analgesics and specific herbs. But we just do not want to feel pain , but have a healthy joint . For this reason, standard analgesics, which usually work better against perineal pain, do not take advantage of adaptogens that, as far as possible, improve regeneration. Excessive use of industrial analgesics may even extend the time of healing small joint injuries in healthy individuals as the body knows when and why the pain in the healing joints is switched on.
However, the rheumatic arthritis situation is quite different. In a rhythm, the body triggers joint pain unnecessarily, and it is therefore not necessary to save immunosuppressants and analgesics in the treatment. Unlike normal joint injuries that heal, autoimmune disability does not heal, and without immunosuppressive treatment it deteriorates faster than with it. In addition to the standard treatment, we also have a proven TČM recipe and, in addition, adaptogens, whose anti-autoimmunity effect is also not invented. However, unfortunately, the rheumatic condition can not be causally healed and the use of a regular dose of analgesics may be to preserve the quality of life affected by necessity. When we clarified that simple and rheumatic joint pain is, in spite of certain similarities, two different cases, we can come to each other separately.
Herbal remedies for simple joint pain and rheumatism
Under the condition that all other conditions are excluded, simple (ie traumatic) joint pain is an appropriate target for the treatment of adaptogens. And it's self-medication, because adaptogens have properties that enable self-healing and compatibility with the overwhelming majority of other drugs. It is my personal opinion (which I have explained above) that, in the case of simple joint pain, the known natural adaptogens have priority over common analgesics. Adaptogens are less pain-relieving, but their healing effect may be considerable when dosed properly. They also help the tendons and muscles that are also injured in the trauma of joints.
- Chinese peony and other Paeonia species - Under the phrase "known natural adaptogenes" everyone will immediately introduce ginseng . But I would first put the root of the peony, which is not only much cheaper, but also the authoritative publication Zhao2013ect puts it in the first place as effective in simple and rheumatic pain of the joints. Its effect is confirmed by Zhang2012mit and other scientific work. Peony does not belong to classical adaptogens (those of the middle of the last century), but it is well known that it is totally inept and that even 100g of dose per day will not hurt anyone. To be completely accurate, Zhao2013ect recommends mixed glycosides (total paeonia glycosides), the active substance of this plant. But when sweetening the peon root, for example, in the soup, its glycosides are well absorbed and need not be cleaned. Just buy a relatively well-available Chinese peon root, which has a nice white color, tastes better than potatoes and is also nutritious. Peonies (whether gardeners or gardeners) know that the unique genus of Paeonia has several species of medicinal species. Not only peony , but also peach mistan, Paeonia mascula, Paeonia veitchii, Paeonia clusii peony, Paeonia tenuifolia, Paeonia anomala, and many other species, including, of course, our peony (Paeonia officinalis).
- The burgeoning burger , the so-called snow lotus, or the Christian heavenly host, is the traditional means of TČM and Ayurveda against inflammation, especially asthma ( Chopra1924pnp ). Here I mention it because of its high efficiency in rheumatism and joint pain. This Himalayan plant can serve as an example of the milestone of scientific research on herbs to bright tomorrows. The scientific report of Chopra1924pnp , the author of which is an Indian professor of medicine, already presents in 1924 about 50 medical experiments that clearly determine what the herb is suitable for and what not. Until the 1960s, nothing. No publications. Silence on the footpath. Yes, it was war and all. But scientific reports for this period are missing not only from India, but from outside, including the United States. Good. Let's say that in the atomic years of the 1950s (electric was 40s, cosmic then 60s) the herbs fell into disinterest. But since the year 2000, when the herbal research broke the bag and more than 300 publications on the tusk, the situation did not improve. Chopra1924pnp offers the best picture today. The remaining cells are information garbage that sequences, chemically profiling, and disintegrates, without any clinical conclusions except for doctorates and filled publishing quotas of postmodern scholars. The traditional effect of the rhinoceroses against joint pain is limited to only three in 300 publications. Pardon, one: Tag2016eap . The other, Han2016ies , is examining a related tongue-bearer . And the third, Yi2010caa , confirms the effectiveness of ch. listening to inflammation and pain other than joint. The article Chopra1924pnp still offers ten times as many sciences as the three post-modern publications together. And then people are surprised to see that they are going for the Masters of the TCM. I am, of course, far from trying to solve this problem. As my old mother said, "What the hell is he doing, he does well." Whether my mother said, "You watch yours and do not worry about politics." Whether a good German philosopher says, "eat and be happy." Effective types of joint pain and rheumatism include not only ch. burdock and ch. (for example , Chik2015sir ), but also the Cornflower ( Law2005hdh ), the Tawny Tusk ( Tan2014dss ), the Tawny Tusk ( Duan2002ics ), the Tawny Tawny ( Lee2013paa )
- Ginseng right in the indications of joint pain and rheumatism - anti-inflammatory and regenerative action predisposes ginseng not only to support cases of joint pain but also to increase the ability to tolerate physical stress in general. It is useless to say that even ginseng is not fictitious, but it is due to its steroid glycosides - panaxosides. Unlike corticosteroids commonly used in rheumatoid arthritis, panaxosides are less immunosuppressive , yet they are significantly anti-inflammatory . It is mainly the majority of ginsenosides Rb 1 , Rb 2 , Rg 1 and so on. The mechanism, acting at rhumma, clarifies Jhun2014rge . However, it is equally good for simple arthritis. According to Kim2007aeg, ginsenoside Rb 1 treats arthritis pain by blocking the TNF-α pathway. According to Gu2014smp, ginsenoside Rg1 protects joints by inhibiting osteoclasts (cells that dissolve bone in the affected joints). Ginsenosides, Rg 3 , Rk 1 and Rg 5 are anti-arthritic active according to Kim2010rgs , Endale2014krg , So2013peg, etc. The ginseng metabolite compound K is effective according to Choi2013jec and Chen2014gmc . Minor ginsenosides, such as Ro ( Matsuda1990aag ), also act against arthritis, but these can not be named and referenced for lack of space. It is useless to say that these theoretical studies according to the scientific rules for clinical practice do nothing, so that in the treatment of real patients is still the first non-scientific TČM. Sharlatanství zdar. As for the various types of ginseng ( Panax ), their anti-inflammatory and regenerative effects are. a true similar to American ginseng , notoginseng ( Chang2007aeb , Zhang2007cse ), Japanese ginseng, Vietnamese ginseng and all other species .
Anti-inflammatory adaptogens generally include ginseng, vitamin, ginger and many others. Here is the problem that, in spite of the large amount of knowledge acquired, science can not be as authoritative as the non-scientific TČM), several mechanisms have been identified to prevent both inflammation and the perception of pain itself .
- Another classical adaptogen, eleuterokok ("Siberian ginseng") belongs to another type of herbs. It does not contain unique substances like ginseng, but it works due to its typical phytoplex. An experimental study of its effect on a mouse model of arthritis is, for example, Takahashi2014pte , the anti-inflammatory effect of the individual components of eleutherococcus is described by Yamazaki2007spc .
- Vitality , or even an asvaganda, is even more anti-inflammatory than ginseng, so it is suitable for rheumatism. The effect of vitanolids on joint pain has been confirmed in animals ( Rasool2006sew , Rasool2007pew , Gupta2014eae , Khan2015ews ) and human patients ( Sumantran2007cpr , Singh2007wsi ), the mechanism of action is illustrated by Ichikawa2006wpa ,
- a pink rosary , whose major active ingredient, salidroside, suppresses joint pain according to Zhu2016saa ,
- ginger right , which is strongly anti-inflammatory and treats joint pains according to Grzanna2005ghm , Tapsell2006hbh, etc.,
- gourd related to turmeric , which is also strongly anti-inflammatory ( Bright2007cad ),
- Chinese Aphelion , whose effect on arthritis describes Magdalou2015aso and
- ( Saussurea ), which I dealt with above ( Chik2015sir , Long2001hmt ).
Of other natural, polyphenols from olives (tyrosol, oleuropein), citrus (naringin, hesperidin), vines (resveratrol, procyanidin) and teaspoon ( Kawaguchi2011eap ) can be mentioned. Naringin is also mentioned by Ahmad2014aaa against rheumatoid arthritis and autoimmunity. Effects of inflammation and pain with arthritis implications include the lotus embryo , cannabis , capsaicin, fish and reptiles fats, garlic , cress ( Lepidium sativum , Raval2013aec ), Ayurvedic samdouť hrozný ( Symplocos racemosa , Acharya2016cas ) ( Boswellia , Hamidpour2013frx ), aloe vera ( Cock2015gap ) and other plants. For joint pain, the effect of exercise and healthy lifestyle ( Cramp2013nif ) must also be forgotten.
Herbal Resources of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Really effective herbs and combinations are quickly obtained from TČM. The Zhao2013ect study presents the consensus of TCM experts, according to which the three most recommended combinations for simple joint pain are :
- the pox of the hair and the eye
- kidney pill to relieve painful obstruction
- so-called anti-paranoid (wāng-bì, 尪 痹), whose precise composition I do not know because I do not have the full version of the publication
The three most recommended combinations according to Zhao2013ect for rheumatoid arthritis are:
- léi-gōng-téng-duō-gān (雷公藤 多 苷) - a mixture whose main component is a three -walled
- two other combinations I do not know exactly because I do not have the full version of the publication available
Study Li2015hna (25983850), in the form of a scientific article, presents the views of a single expert: One of today's guru, Ji-Ren Liho. Subjective Ji-Ren Liho regulations were processed in a bioinformatic manner in a 871-dimensional 343 herb matrix in all the mixtures available from Li2015hna. The 15 most widely used herbs were: Millettia reticulata, Sargentodoxa cuneata, Astragalus membranaceus, Dang Gui, Quan Xie, Qing Feng Teng, Ku Shen, Wu Tou, Wu Gong, Huang Bai, Pu Gong Ying. The publication 28763759 mentions the Dang Gui Si Ni Tang combination as a standard used in arthritis TČM. The publication 27656238 discloses as a further used combination of anti-autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid arthritis Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin. Garlic tube (Mansoa alliacea) is traditional against rheumatism in South America.
However, it is necessary to realize that relatively effective plant immunosuppressants are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, which may not be harmless or belong to adaptogens. For example, Wilford's effective triple wings ( Lipsky1997pnt , Ramgolam2000tcm , Bao2011cht ) are an unpleasant poisonous, effective whistle ( Cissampelos , Semwal2014fap ) as well. (The suspect is actually our kostival , Stickel2000esc , although it is traditional in our traditional anti-muscular and joint pain, Staiger2012cco .) Pharmaceutical cosmetal preparations are said to contain and are safe, Staiger2013crf ). In rheumatism, more than other indications, it is indeed necessary to have a preliminary personal consultation with a TCH expert.