Practical Summary: Hepatoma is a disease that is more beneficial to prevent than to treat it. Prevention involves natural hepatoprotective. Adaptogens (glabrous, rhodiola, aphids, ginseng, whiskers), but mainly the TČM herb, and the potions, can be applied without harm. Herbs also help to recover patients after oncology therapy.
Hepatic cancer, more precisely hepatocellular carcinoma (hepatoma), is the most common primary malignant tumor of the liver. Malignant tumors in the liver are divided into primary (resulting in the liver) and secondary (resulting elsewhere with metastases to the liver). The liver performs the function of the blood filter, so that other tumors are metastasized very often. Therefore, secondary tumors in the liver are about 20 times more common than primary hepatoma. The most common liver metastases are, of course, due to the portal circulation from the digestive tract ( thickand small intestine, stomach and esophagus). This does not mean that primary liver tumors are unimportant. With hepatoma, doctors do not know the advice - it resembles brain tumors. Any herbal help would be welcome if it was effective. Primary tumors other than hepatoma (which are rare) include gallbladder cancer, liver sarcoma,
Hepatoma is cancer in the narrower sense of the word because it is based on an epithelium. More specifically, the liver epithelium of hepatic lobes, ie the hepatocytes, which make up the largest part of the liver volume. Because of the chemical burden the liver suffers, hepatocytes retain the ability to regenerate and are therefore prone to proliferation. (There is a similar situation in the mammary gland .) Risk situations include acute or chronic liver damage, where the lobes need to be continually regenerated. Even worse is cirrhosis, when the liver regenerates trying, but for lack of space they can not. Textbook hepatic toxins (benzene, CCl 4 , mycotoxins - Aflatoxin example A) are therefore also generally effective hepatic carcinogens. In contrast, hepatoprotective adaptogensprevent liver cancer only by reducing their burden. (See hepatitis and cirrhosis as well ). The risk of hepatoma also increases hepatic infections, but especially hepatitis B virus , which is incorporated into random DNA sites and can cause uncontrolled division.
Treatment and prevention of liver cancer
There are two ways to treat and prevent liver cancer (and cancer in general).
The first is to be young, not to think ill, to do what we like, and to have a lot of offspring at the young age who will prevent the hepatoma in the same way. This is what rats, rabbits and many other animals do - even from these can be learned. If we prevent cancer in this way, it is important to avoid any knowledge about it and ignore the existence of the hepatoma of the affected losers. As the faint individuals stand behind the herds and destroy them, the predators will take care of them.
Before hepatic load and hepatitis -> fibrosis -> cancer progression, you will protect your hepatoprotective plants to a certain extent .
The second way is that we remember the most important hepatoprotective and anti-cancer adaptogens and we will include them in the diet according to the physical and financial availability. This second way has been practiced since ancient times, although we used to have faith and magic instead of science. Now, readers who startled this lesson and wish less humor, please go to another place - perhaps an article about cancer in general .
Adaptogens against hepatoma
Adaptogens in liver cancer work in three ways: preventive, curative and supportive. I have already mentioned the preventive effect . It consists in protecting the liver from the burden, more precisely in increasing their ability to withstand the burden - increasing their adaptation range. Therapeutic effect means direct anticancer action. A supportive effect means that herbs help regenerate the patient in standard hepatoma treatment (resection, chemotherapy and radiotherapy ).
The effect of herbs is real, but mostly insufficient. Hepatoma is one of the most malignant and most dangerous cancers. However, the use of adaptogens and TCM recipes is suspected often associated with cases of "miraculous" cure of hopeless cases of Gordan2011awo ). Science in the anti-cancer effects of herbs against hepatoma is not clear. The same can be said about the TCM, but it has, in contrast to science, healing self-esteem and a lot of practical recipes. That is why I will deal with the following categories of herbal medicines:
- Plant adaptogens, whose type is ginseng .
- Fungal adaptogens, whose representative is the glossy cork (sponge fungus) .
- Recipes of the TCM who do not understand the cancer, but are not afraid to treat it.
A herbalist standing in front of a practical case of liver cancer has a dog's duty to send the patient to a real hospital, but not before he recovers his supportive adaptogens. On the contrary, a scientific oncologist would do well if he even consulted TCH experts on his pedestal.
- Genesis right relieves inflammation and reduces the risk of cancer in general ( Hofseth2007ict , Yun2010npe , Choi2013bbc, etc.). Effects directly on hepatoma are the studies of Kim2013pge , Song2010imc, etc., with the conclusion that ginseng protects the liver from carcinogens and improves the chances of curing the already formed hepatoma.
- The fact that the Marigold's thistle protects the liver is well known to all herbalists. It is less well known that it also helps against liver cancer, see Mastron2015shc . According to the Elmesallamy2011ceg study , the combination of crocodile and ginkgo has a preventive effect against hepatoma.
- The anti-cancer effects of another classical adaptogen, the pink rosary , notes the Bocharova1994tpe review , which considers it more effective than glossy gloss.
- Glossy gloss is a highly revered drug of China that has hepatoprotective , antiviral, anticancer , immunomodulatory and antidiabetic effects ( Chen2017clt ). Its active substances are specific triterpenoids (ganoderic and lucidic acids, ganoderiols, etc.) and proteoglycans. Chang2006ggt reports the efficacy of ganoderiol F against hepatoma cell lines in vitro , Weng2009ieg the inhibitory effect of lucidic acid on both the growth and malignancy of in vivo liver cancer . Lucenidic acid also finds effective Weng2010aer . According to Lakshmi2006aamprotects against hepatic carcinogen by benzpyrene, according to Taiwan's Lin2003teg study disrupts the hepatoma cell division, according to Li2015glp increases the T lymphocyte anticancer activity. For ganoderic acid B, there was an effect on cells resistant to normal cytostatic ( Liu2015gld ) liver cancer cells . Concentrations of specific triterpenoids of glans effective against hepatoma are 20-80μM according to Ruan2015drc. Activity against hepatoma cells in vivo and in vitro note Yang2005gap , Liu2009eaa , Liu2002aas , Lu2012aaa , Li2015glpand other studies. Healthy liver cells do not damage gloss ( Liu2012pgl ). According to Kimura2002aae, glossycorea also works against secondary liver tumors. Some reports of specific cases of successful cure, such as Gordan2011awo , have some weight . Many scientists, however, doubt the glosses because it is known that the realm of the fungus generally contains substances with anticancer effect - ergosterol ( Chen2009ca9 ), β-glucan ( Pillai2013mbg ) etc. However, I personally consider the existence of specifically anticancer fungi unquestionable.
- One of the other important candidates is the oblique , the effect of which is documented by Song2008iio and Youn2008cmi . If you want to have certainty about the near-endangered hepatoma that you are doing what you can for it, get him (or her) the fortified extract of the glossy glass and the high-quality cutter. Zn: Inexpensive.
Recipes used in liver cancer
Traditional Chinese medicine has its established recipes in various cancers, including liver cancer. In the hepatoma, the Taiwanese review of Ting2015ptr (full article on three clicks) is summarized . One of the most important anti-cancer herbs in the Czech Republic is the Baikal Shihak and related bearded Shiash , which according to Kan2017sbd is an effective immunomodulator and an inhibitor of hepatoma growth in vivo . The Rasool2014nph overview focuses on a combination of standard and herbal therapy and considers it the most important combination
- a smaller prorostyle potion ,
- general reinforcement potion a
- the blend that Lin2005cst mentions and whose composition I do not know - I do not have the full wording of the article.
In addition to the above mentioned Lin2013apa, it describes as an effective coptic detoxification potion in combination with cinnamaldehyde - the main cinnamon active ingredient, which is also indirectly recommended by Perng2016dna . (TCP mostly uses cinnamon as a medicine , but ordinary cinnamon can also be used .)
Generally speaking, every practice of TCM prescribes something a little different in the same serious diagnosis. In this way, many dozens of plants can be identified as "traditional" against the hepatoma. But it is important to follow the rules of one particular TCM physician, as wise and experienced as possible. I think the above-mentioned most commonly used herbs and blends are enough for quick help before you find your favorite local herbalist, which may take a while. But not to mention that I am naming a few plants here, a few other things: the haystack of the Greek hay ( Khalil2015tfi, etc.), Momordika bitter ( Zhang2015mcl ), the cicikek ( Huang2007maa , Huang2009czj ) Wild Angelica Chinese ( Shang2003esa etc.) měkýn Latn ( Lam2016hec ) bajkalin only from Šišák ( Yu2016bps ) , but also trumpeter Indian ( Yin2007aso ) epimedin C of epimedium ( Liu2006mmc ). Howgh.