Healthy cells have many barriers against unlimited division. It's as contact inhibition: Cell stops sharing when it is not about space. Then there is the Hayflick limit which limits the majority of the cells on a relatively small number of division. Most of the body (ie. Somatic) cell has the ability to divide completely disabled. Then in the body retains only a small fraction of cells - stem cells. The cancer are therefore prone those tissues that grow into adulthood and regenerate - skin, mucous membranes, mammary gland, gonads ... In summary, we can say that every cancer:
- Based originating from a single cell of a particular tissue.
- In its multiplication proceeds stochastically evolutionary leaps towards greater malignancy.
- Sooner or later it will compete with the host immune system.
During aging accumulate mutations in the DNA. The cancer are therefore more vulnerable older people. Procedure cancer is a random process, which varies from patient to patient. We humans are naturally long-lived and cancer are better equipped than most vertebrates. Over the life of our immune system detects and destroys dozens of tumors without bothering to inform us. Cancer can therefore look as well as immunodeficiency .
Despite medical advances in cancer treatment still remains a difficult medical problem. For some cancers, the likelihood of cure increased (prostate tumor, seminoma, malignant melanomas, lung cancer, colon, stomach and esophagus), others not (glioblastoma, hepatoma ...) Dangerous also remain female cancers (breast, ovarian and cervical cancer ). Cancer treatment has three main components:
- Surgical treatment - resection of the tumor (bearings).
- Cytostatic therapy (chemotherapy and radiotherapy) - destroying tumor cells cytostatics or radiation.
- Supportive therapy - aims to boost the immune system and regeneration of the body after chemotherapy.
Cytostatic drugs used in chemotherapy are poisons that kill dividing cells. Addition to cancerous cells, unfortunately, even kill cells in growth areas of the skin, mucous membranes, gonads, hair roots, nail beds, and also the hematopoietic stem cell in bone marrow. This leads to a lack of white blood cells and severe damage to the immune system. Cytostatic treatment is a frightening experience in which patients suffer enormous fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, loss of fertility and hair loss. The nails appear lines (Beauovy line). The patient's body accumulates minor wounds that can not heal. Recruited new and novel stem cell that is attempting to regenerate damage enter mitosis and subsequently destroyed. In this way the patient for a few months older physiologically for years. Similar side effects have also radiotherapy.
The aim of this paper is to highlight the adaptogens which are suitable for supportive treatment of cancer. We find among them some gentle drugs that contribute to the destruction of cancer cells without burdening the patient toxicity.
Chemotherapy completely destroy both immunity and regenerative capacity of the affected organism. In this situation are welcome adaptogens that improve wound healing and regeneration . In cancer treatment adaptogens are four other important effects:
- protect healthy cells from radiation and chemotherapy
- Strong improvement of regeneration of the immune system
- Immunomodulation direction cytotoxic response
- direct anti-tumor effects
Protecting healthy cells against radiation and chemotherapy
Available natural adaptogens have the ability to slow down the cellular aging, protects the patient from radiation and prevent the apoptosis of healthy cells. Ginseng is, according to experts, the most effective means available against radiation damage whatsoever ( Yonezawa1976rri , Takeda1981rri , Yonezawa1981rri , Takeda1982rri , Yonezawa1985rri ). Adaptogens not only protects against radiation, but also against apoptosis of healthy cells from chemotherapy. (Cite !!!)
Schisandra, eleutherocok, Leuzea
Regeneration of the immune system
Schisandra, eleutherocok, Leuzea
Immunomodulation direction cytotoxic response
Schisandra, eleutherocok, Leuzea
Jana Merhautová in his lecture phytopharmakology addition immunostimulants such as oncology mentions unkárii matted (Uncaria tomentosa, Vilcacora, cat's claw), purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), catcher (Tabebuia impetiginosa), bee product and beer yeast.
Direct tumor effects of adaptogens
Yeah ... right ... ginseng Reishi mushroom shiny ...
also many other adaptogens
Schisandra, eleutherocok, Leuzea
In relation to the ability of adaptogens protect cells from damage by radiation and chemotherapy is appropriate to ask whether these drugs are not in the same way also protect cancer cells. According to most of the available publications do not. Adaptogens have specific according to available research, direct anticancer effects, the overall balance (ie. They behave like friendly cytostatics).
List of species is not closed, I made the choice at its own discretion.
- According to the number of publications is clearly the most attractive for researchers adaptogen ginseng. Here it goes into effect when ginseng overshadows other adaptogens more than it should. Other adaptogens are compared with ginseng ineffective or inferior, just less rozšířené.Outkovka eater (Trametes versicolor)
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)
- Inonotus obliquus (Inonotus obliquus), CagA
- Ohňovec furrow (Phellinus linteus)
- Choros Oris (Polyporus umbellatus)
Group anticancer hub is not clear-cut, as well as common edible mushrooms are not specifically enhance anti-cancer immunity ( Patel2012rdm , Feeney2014mhs ). Specifically, it is e.g. Oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) , shiitake (Lentinus edodes, Shiitake), Grifola frondosa (Grifola frondosa, maitake), spiky coral (Hericium erinaceus), but also ordinary button mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus, A. blazei), see Xu2012cpe , Martin2010ccs . Asian mushrooms (Shiitake, maitake), while no more effective than ours, bearer of nonspecific anti-cancer effects are in fact common fungal agents: β-glucan ( Temizoz2016vap ), ergosterol ( Li2015epf ) and fiber. Information that our Boletus, respectively. the parasite nedohub zlatovýtrusý carcinogenic is false .
In assessing the anticancer mushrooms are worth avoiding extremes. Oncologist nor the patient from them should not wait for a miracle. When it comes to medical patients who have developed malignancies, it is clear that his immune system had its best chance missed. Moderate or even strong boost immunity not usually enough to cure. On the other hand, it is a misconception that anti-cancer mushrooms are ineffective and do not deserve his epithet. Such an opinion in the light of available scientific studies stand.
Consequently supportive role ginseng cytostatic therapy. There are dozens of publications pointing to its direct anticancer effects, which recently reviewed the Wang2016rgc . According to Dr. Lars Christensen ( christensen2009gcb ) can be documented anti-cancer effects of ginseng divided into three groups: cytostatic effect, reducing malignancies and limit the growth of blood vessels in tumors.
According Takei2008dcp ginseng stimulates the immune system toward a cytotoxic response. Increases the activity of NK cells ( Yun1993iat , Jang2015pnk , Takeda2015ink ) and macrophages ( Wang2010ita ), hence its suitability in imunoléčbě cancer. According Wong2010age performed ginseng extract in a mouse model against lung cancer. Ginseng also performed against cells of human gastric carcinoma ( Hwang2015efg ), human gallbladder cancer ( Wu2015ers ) and human cells of acute lymphoblastic leukemia ( Xia2016iap ). Ginseng metabolite compound A acted against hepatoma cells ( Song2010imc ) ginsenoside F2 against glioblastoma rat model ( Shin2012aeg ) gssd. Rg 3 against the human myeloma cells ( Li2016imm ) and acidic polysaccharides ginseng improved results cytostatic treatment of melanoma in a mouse model ( Shin2004eae ). Gssd. Rg 3 and the compound to inhibit angiogenesis in tumors of the lung, stomach and ovaries ( Wang2015gmc ). The compound acts by inhibiting p38 MAP kinase ( Jeong2010cib ) and the regulation of sphingosine kinase-1 ( Shin2014gci ). Somewhat less inhibitory effect on angiogenesis is gssd. Rb 1 ( Papapetropoulos2007gor , Wang2015gmc ). Another panaxosidy (e.g. e.g. gssd. Rg 1 ), but have on the growth of blood vessels opposite effects ( Sengupta2004may ). According Kim2006esg ginseng improves the quality of life for cancer patients.
Lingzhi mushroom (Ganoderma Lucidum) contains a huge variety of triterpenoid saponins - ganoderové acid, ganoderenové acid, lucialdehydy, ganoderioly and more (see Paterson2006gtf ). A total of 315 triterpenoids in the genus Ganoderma describes overview Xia2014crs , which is more than 182 triterpenoids described in the genus Panax ( christensen2009gcb ). Reishi further comprises typically fungal β-glucans, polysaccharides and proteoglycans. As bearers of specific anti-cancer effects are considered triterpenoids and polysaccharides, to some extent also a substance (eg. Polypeptides). Lingzhi mushroom is completely harmless ( Wachtelgalor2004gll , Kwok2005prd ).
Reishi promotes cytotoxic immune response ( Radwan2011air ). The extract and pure β-glucan (fukogalaktan) increases outpouring of IL-23 on dendritic cells and T cells induces differentiation of Th17 ( Yoshida2012pit ). Polysaccharides Reishi accelerate the proliferation of bone marrow macrophages and increase the production of IL-1β, IL-6, IL-12p35, IL-12p40, IL-18, TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-12 ( Ji2011ibm ). Ganoderma formosanum activates antitumor immune response in vivo in mice afflicted with cancer ( Wang2014aai ).
Reishi is effective against cell lines of colon cancer in vitro ( Thyagarajan2010tfg , Jedinak2011glt , Hong2004egl ) and limits the malignancy of gastric cancer cells ( Jang2011aae ). Direct cytotoxic effects of specific triterpenoids Reishi comments Xia2014crs . According Min2000tfs ganoderové acid γ, δ, ε, ζ, η, and θ in vitro against cells sarcoma and lung cancer. Ganoderová acid. Jc inhibits the growth of leukemia cells (HL-60) and E ganoderiol growth of breast cancer cells (MCF-7). According Wang2010nga ganoderové acid Mf Mk S and destroys cell lung cancer (95-D) and cervix (HeLa) in concentrations 15-40μM. Ganoderová acid. E and lucidenové acid. N and A is effective against hepatoma cell lines and leukemia ( Wu2001cgl ) ganodermová acid Ja against hepatoma cells ( Li2005gal ). Lucialdehyd B and C ganodermanonol and ganodermanondiol act against cells of lung cancer, mammary cancer, and sarcoma ( Gao2002nta ) luciadiol and ganoderiol F against HeLa cells of cervical cancer ( Cheng2010ctf ), two more specific lanostanoidy against cells leukemia, cervical carcinoma, hepatoma and gastric cancer ( Guan2008clt ). According Ma2012ltf anticancer and ganoderové acids and C 1 and lucialdehydy D and E, all at concentrations of ~ 20μg / ml.
Regarding the in vivo studies, G. lucidum cancer-operated mice transplanted with liver cancer ( Chen2010pgl ) and other tumors ( Trajkovic2009apg , Nonaka2006aaa ). G. lucidum was immunostimulatory in vivo and anti-radiation effect ( Gao2005aau , Pang2007pnp ) and prevent the formation and metastasis of lung cancer in mice exposed to carcinogens cyclophosphamide ( Nonaka2008eaf ). G. atrum worked cancer-mouse model ( Zhang2014pfg ). Ganoderová acid T reduces the malignancy of lung cancer cells in vivo ( Chen2010gai ).
Regarding clinical trials, Gao2003egg tested the effect of Reishi polysaccharides on 30 patients with advanced cancer and found an increase in the number of CD56 + cells and NK cell activity. Chen2006mir found in 41 patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with Reishi increase of CD3, CD4, CD8 and CD56 + lymphocytes. Sun2014pal again found improvement of immune parameters in patients with lung cancer using Reishi. I think an interesting clinical study Oka2010wef that in 96 patients (102 in the control group) found that Reishi used in the 12-month period prevents the development of colorectal adenomas, neoplasms of which may develop cancer of the colon and rectum. When taking Reishi are known cases of complete cure, Suprasert2014ccg reports on five such patients.
Better clinical studies in principle exist, although current research and practical experience clearly shows that Reishi mushroom is friendly and cytostatic specific antitumor immunity stimulant. Scientists agree that doctors should this fungus had systematically ( Sliva2003glr , Radwan2011air , Cheng2015glc , Jin2016glr ).
This list is not fanciful. Behind each of these points stand now hundreds of scientific publications (some of which I quote below), although reports WHO and the EU will tell you that this research en Somme does not mean anything. Researchers are most attracted to true ginseng, perhaps overshadows other adaptogens more than it should.
Adaptogens type of ginseng excel in treating cancer protective and regenerative effects. Immunomodulatory and direct anti-tumor effects are characterized adaptogens type lingzhi mushroom . In developed countries recognizing traditional medicine (Japan, Taiwan, today i PRC) is the administration of adaptogens routine part of treatment for cancer patients. For example, in Taiwan in the treatment of breast cancer using dozens of different herbal combinations, which is most common děhel Chinese and ginseng ( Lai2012ppc ). (In Taiwan, there is no animosity between scientific medicine and TCM.)
Other adaptogens to prevention and supportive treatment of cancer
This subchapter I would start by saying that reveal the denouement: Good adaptogenic Roštín cancer exist, but they can not determine what they are and that, paradoxically, precisely because of the fact that this effect of herbs pays too much attention. Although on a much adaptogenic plant anticancer publications, there is never certainty whether this plant has a strong and specific effects or only a weak and nonspecific. Of necessity, therefore I am resorting to suggest that ginseng and anticancer especially mushrooms, which have the effect I'm sure (see also study Yun1995tnm ). If someone wants to include treatment also adaptogens, then doing poorly due to an excess of options, I am unable to give any specific recommendations. It's a fact, that:
- In cancer research is the result of irrational preoccupation overinvestment (he thinks it's even Terry Pratchett).
- Mild, non-specific anti-cancer effects of a large number of plants and fungi.
- Complete cure cancer adaptogen weak action is a hopeless undertaking.
For an illustration, the database anticancer effects of herbs CancerHSP ( Tao2015cah ) contains more than 2,400 potentially anticancer plant, but the information contained therein do not give any guidance whatsoever to their comparisons. The situation is similar in terms of anti-cancer effects etnobotanická database, Dr. Duke and database TCM herbs TCMSP ( Ru2014tds ). According to points 1 and 2 also show that the anticancer effects of herbs often pay those scientists who are currently in need of rapid publication than those who are really trying to discover something new. Item 3. turn is due to the fact that unlike lifestyle diseases cancer during treatment evolutionarily and develops against drugs acquires resistance. Therefore, even if an adaptogen over several weeks or months to occupy the cancer usually eventually gets the upper hand. For all these reasons, I ascribe publications on anticancer effect of herbs less weight. With this introduction I offer them a partial list.
- In the genus Panax are other species ( American ginseng , ginseng notoginseng , etc.) similar to the composition of active ingredients as P. ginseng and are analogous to their anticancer effects (see list Wang2015cap , Wang2016pap , Wang2008prg , He2012aap ).
- Lycium barbarum polysaccharides (LBP) from fruits goji (Goji) promote the proliferation of spleen cells ( Peng2001sci , Gan2004iaa ) and T lymphocytes ( Chen2008atl , Gan2003ppc ) recovery of immunity after chemotherapy ( Gong2005tel ) and directly effective against tumor cells of the liver, prostate and breast cancer ( Chao2006hwe , Liu2000eia , Li2009lbi ).
- Balsam apple bitter (bitter cucumber) has in addition to the effects against diabetes and obesity considerable preventive potential against cancer, which describes the reports Raina2016pbm Dandawate2016bmp and Nerurkar2010bma .
- AT cicimku Date Fruit was found anticancer effects on the liver in vitro ( huang2007maa , huang2009czj ).
- Hailing snodárná has an antitumor effect due to its inhibitory effect on the growth of vessels ( Mohan2004wip ).
- AT Chinese děhele was detected anti-cancer effect in vitro and in vivo ( Cheng2004aea , Tsai2005aea , Kan2008sae etc.) Polysaccharides děhele danced against three cancer models in mice in vivo ( Shang2003esa ). Děhel however, it contains phytoestrogens, and its effect is unclear to me. Some of the substances contained děhele promote the proliferation of HER2 + breast cancer cells ( Chang2006mhe ), but despite the děhel Taiwan TCM herb most commonly prescribed breast cancer ( Lai2012ppc ).
- Anthraquinones and polysaccharides from aloe (Aloe vera) act cancer-vitro ( Xu2016rse , Luo2014caw , Chen2016ent , Chihara2015eae , Hussain2015avi , Yonehara2015ave ) and in vivo ( Shimpo2014iel , Pan2013iag and others), a good overview of the anticancer properties of aloe is Harlev2012apa , anthraquinone aloe-emodin with pays overview Chen2014pae .
In cancer it is of great importance to inspire the practice of TCM in a single country where the medical arts have survived without interruption - in Taiwan. Already mentioned study Lai2012ppc found the top 10 in TCM combination prescribed breast cancer in Taiwan and found that 7 of them contain děhel Chinese ginseng and 6. Other important herbs in these combinations are Vladimiria souliei, cardamomum Amomum, Pinellia ternata, Astragalus membranaceus, Forsythia and Jujube.
Overview Radomskalesniewska2015apr focuses on products with activity against the growth of blood vessels in tumors, which assigns Rhodiola rosea , třapatce purple , Aloe (Aloe vera) and olověnci cejlonskému (Plumbago zeylanica). According to the survey Safarzadeh2014hmi of cancer-also ginger true crocus (Crocus sativus), curcumin and xanthorrhizol of turmeric , resveratrol, quercetin, genistein legumes, bajkalein of Šišák Baikal , řemdihák fuzzy (Uncaria tomentosa), Isatis tinctoria (Isatis tinctoria), pagoda tree yellowish (Sophora flavescens), catcher red (Tabebuia impetiginosa).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
Adaptogens versus standard treatment procedures in oncology
The contradiction between them in fact exist. Pharmacology does not ask whether a drug is natural or synthetic, only whether and how it works. This contradiction is artificially created by monopolists who seek traditional patent medicines not subject to squeeze into the role of illegitimate and anti-scientific "alternatives". Natural toxins are actually in oncology using a large - many cytostatic drugs derived from medicinal plants that do not meet the definition of adaptogen. It is true that in the 20th century during the boom invasive medicine and pharmacotherapy Paracelsian emphasis was on adaptogens, but it is expected that the treatment of lifestyle diseases dominating the medicine of the 21st century will be natural and later synthetic adaptogens important place.
For clinical use adaptogens it is crucial that these do not represent an additional burden for the metabolism and detoxification system of the patient. On the contrary, protect and reduce the toxicity of standard medical treatments. These substances are therefore possible without risk classified as an adjuvant at any stage cancer treatment. At least with Ginseng and Reishi mushroom is also not have to worry about drug interactions. Danger interactions adaptogens highly exaggerated manufacturers of conventional drugs. It's good to know the doctors can promote regeneration of cancer patients and other than diet no. 11 with the addition of vitamins and minerals.
Other related articles:
- Cancer of the rectum and colon cancer (colorectal carcinoma)
- Breast cancer
- Leukemia (blood cancer)
- Lung cancer
- stomach cancer
- Liver cancer (hepatoma)
- malignant melanoma
How do the antineoplastic agents: It is for example 5-fluorouracil, which inhibits the synthesis of thymidine. Thymidine is needed for DNA synthesis, and otherwise in the cell for anything else used. His lack kills only dividing cells, which begin with DNA replication, but due to lack of thymidine can not finish it and die. Some used cytostatics are natural (vinblastine, vincristine, taxanes etc.), others are synthetic. Their common feature is only that selectively kill only proliferating cells.
Doctors are trying to side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy to alleviate targeted cytotoxic chemotherapy and radiation targeted radiotherapy and bone marrow autotransplantation.
For natural anticancer drugs can mention effective, but downright poisonous natural cytostatics. These plants are adaptogens contradiction: while killing cancer cells but healthy body severely damaging. I mention it only for completeness, its independent use is prohibited. These include: trojkřídlec wilfordův (Tripterygium wilfordii), vinblastine and vincristine vinca minor (Vinca minor), taxol from yew (Taxus baccata), camptothecin from kamptoteky ostrolisté (Camptotheca acuminata), podophyllotoxin from noholistu štítnatého (Podophyllum peltatum), mistletoe lectin (Viscum album) and others.
- lucidumol C 26899240
- Reishi stimulates NK cell activity (23803412)
- Reishi polysaccharides have immunostimulating and anti-radiation effect in vivo in a mouse cancer model (17995702).
Cancer in general:
- Astragali radix 25087616
- Atractylodes macrocephala, Lance 25066389
- TCM Cancer 24871650
- garlic 24851880
- Alstonia scholaris and A. macrophylla 24486598
- Loranthus parasiticus 24467533
- puerarin 24339367
- apparently j Ed kryptolepin 24391229
- Ficus carica 24159359
- Bruce javanica 24066797
- famous Indian adaptogen Chlorophytum borivilianum 24045177
- plants in Cervical Cancer Therapy 23886123
- apparently cytotoxic traditional plants 27457235
- Bangladeshi medicial plants against Cancer 27382642
- Litsea 26812679
- lichen metabolites 26704132
- others TCM fulltext review 26622657
- Berberis 26535033
- ginger 26477795
- Moringa oleifera 26428271
- curcumin (search better reference)
- Croton crassifolius (sounds sarcastically) against the growth of blood vessels 26386379
- resveratrol (search better reference)
- pornatka coconut (search better reference)
- Momordica cochinchinensis 26225702
- Kalanchoe tubiflora 26179408
- kostunolid of Costus speciosus 26178525
- pancreatic cancer case report 26171011
- triptolid (search better reference)
- chikusetsusaponin IVa 26151883
- Sophora in TCM 26087234
- Helicteres angustifolia 26087229
- novel cytotoxic steroidal glycosides from the roots of Liriope muscari 26073343
- betulin (search better reference)
- Angelica (search better reference)
- berberine (search better reference)
- Pogostemon cablin 26042464
- 4-methylcoumarin 26017566
- Perilla frutescens 25996217
- Baliospermum montanum 25960237
- Ophiopogon japonicus 26826325
- myricetin 26455550
- Epimedium 26243581
- gingerol and shogaoly 26228533
- Rhein 26185519
- Trametes robiniophila 25955759
- Loranthus ferrugineus 25830054
- Portulaca oleracea 25692148